You must sign in to Bookshare to download.
- Brief Synopsis:
- After joining her new friends in the religious group called Fishers of Men, Dorry finds herself immersed in a cult from which she must struggle to extricate herself.
- Long Synopsis:
- Dorry is unbearably lonely at her new high school until she meets Angela and her circle of friends. She soon discovers they all belong to a religious group, the Fishers of Men. At first, as Dorry becomes involved with the Fishers, she is eager to fit in and flattered by her new friends' attention. But the Fishers make harsh demands of their members, and Dorry must make greater and greater sacrifices. In demonstrating her devotion, Dorry finds herself compromising her grades, her job, and even her family's love. How much is too much? And where will the cult's demands end?
- Book Quality:
- Publisher Quality
- Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers
- Date of Addition:
- Copyright Date:
- Copyrighted By:
- Simon Pulse
- Adult content:
- English US
- Teens, Literature and Fiction, Religion and Spirituality
- Grade Levels:
- Ninth grade, Tenth grade, Eleventh grade, Twelfth grade
- Submitted By:
- Bookshare Staff
Reviews of Leaving Fishers (0 reviews)
0 - No Rating Yet