You must sign in to Bookshare to download.
- Brief Synopsis:
- It begins with a free and joyful act--but from then on, Michael finds it impossible even to remember what it felt like to be free and joyful.
- Long Synopsis:
- It begins with a free and joyful act--but from then on, Michael finds it impossible even to remember what it felt like to be free and joyful. When he fires his new rifle into the air on his seventeenth birthday, he never imagines that the bullet will end up killing someone. But a mile away, a man is killed by that bullet as he innocently repairs his roof. And Michael keeps desperately silent while he watches his world crumble.Meanwhile Jenna, the dead man's daughter, copes with desperation of her own. Through her grief, she tries to understand why she no longer feels comfortable with her boyfriend and why a near stranger named Michael keeps appearing in her dreams.Suspenseful and powerfully moving, this is the unforgettable story of an accidental crime and its haunting web of repercussions.
- Book Quality:
- Publisher Quality
- Random House Children's Books
- Date of Addition:
- Copyright Date:
- Copyrighted By:
- Joyce McDonald
- Adult content:
- English US
- Teens, Literature and Fiction
- Grade Levels:
- Eighth grade, Ninth grade, Tenth grade, Eleventh grade
- Submitted By:
- Bookshare Staff
Reviews of Swallowing Stones (0 reviews)
0 - No Rating Yet