Among the Betrayed (Shadow Children #3)
You must sign in to Bookshare to download.
- Brief Synopsis:
- Thirteen-year-old Nina is imprisoned by the Population Police, who give her the option of helping them identify illegal "third-born" children, or facing death.
- Long Synopsis:
- In the third installment of Haddix's series about a futuristic society in which families are forbidden to have more than two children, Nina, a secondary character in Among the Impostors, is falsely accused of treason and imprisoned by the Population Police. Her interrogator gives her an ultimatum: either she can get three other child prisoners, illegal third-borns like Nina, to reveal who harbored them and where they got their fake identification cards, or she will be executed. Nina sees a chance to escape the prison and, taking the prisoners with her, quickly discovers their street smarts. But when their food supply runs out, Nina seeks the boy she knew as Lee.
- Book Quality:
- Publisher Quality
- Simon & Schuster Books For Young Readers
- Date of Addition:
- Copyright Date:
- Copyrighted By:
- Margaret Peterson Haddix
- Adult content:
- English US
- Children's Books, Teens, Literature and Fiction, Science Fiction and Fantasy
- Grade Levels:
- Fifth grade, Sixth grade, Seventh grade, Eighth grade, Ninth grade
- Submitted By:
- Bookshare Staff
Reviews of Among the Betrayed (Shadow Children #3) (0 reviews)
0 - No Rating Yet