Violet Mackerel's Remarkable Recovery
You must sign in to Bookshare to download.
- Brief Synopsis:
- In this irresistibly charming chapter book, the charismatic Violet Mackerel knows how to stay upbeat--even when her throat feels as if there's a cactus in it!
- Long Synopsis:
- In this irresistibly charming chapter book, the charismatic Violet Mackerel knows how to stay upbeat--even when her throat feels as if there's a cactus in it!Seven-year-old Violet Mackerel has a new theory: If someone has a problem and you give them something small, like a feather, or a pebble, or a purple lozenge, that small thing might have a strange and special way of helping them. Violet gets the chance to put "The Theory of Giving Small Things" to the test when a bad case of tonsillitis requires the removal of her tonsils, and she suspects that the purple lozenge from Doctor Singh may help her in quite an extraordinary way. And indeed, with a freezer stocked with breakfast ice cream, a wonderful new friend in the waiting room, and the certainty that surgery will transform her voice into that of an opera singer on the radio, Violet's recovery proves more than extraordinary--it is, unquestionably, remarkable.
- Book Quality:
- Publisher Quality
- ATHENEUM BOOKS FOR YOUNG READERS
- Date of Addition:
- Copyright Date:
- Copyrighted By:
- Elanna Allen, Anna Branford
- Adult content:
- English US
- Children's Books, Literature and Fiction
- Grade Levels:
- First grade, Second grade, Third grade
- Submitted By:
- Bookshare Staff
Reviews of Violet Mackerel's Remarkable Recovery (0 reviews)
0 - No Rating Yet