Principles of Macroeconomics
- Brief Synopsis:
- Flat World Knowledge is honored to publish a new, first edition re-launch of Tim Tregarthen's wonderful principles of macroeconomics book, and proud to bring Tim's incredible talents as a teacher back to life so future generations of students can
- Long Synopsis:
- Flat World Knowledge is honored to publish a new, first edition re-launch of Tim Tregarthen's wonderful principles of macroeconomics book, and proud to bring Tim's incredible talents as a teacher back to life so future generations of students can continue to learn from him. In 1996, he published the first edition of his principles of microeconomics textbook to great acclaim, and it became widely used in colleges around the country. That same year, MS made him wheelchair-bound. The disease forced his retirement from teaching at the University of Colorado at Colorado Springs in 1998. He lost the use of his arms in 2001 and has been quadriplegic ever since. Tim never let his disease get him down. In fact, he turned back to his love of writing and teaching for inspiration. He obtained a voice-activated computer, recruited a co-author, Libby Rittenberg of Colorado College, and turned his attention to revising his principles of economics book. Today we are excited to introduce Libby Rittenberg and Timothy Tregarthen's Principles of Macroeconomics. The authors teach economics as the study of "choice " by providing students with an accessible, straightforward overview of economics. This text combines the clarity and writing of Tregarthen's seminal periodical "The Margin" with great teaching insights. Rittenberg and Tregarthen help students to understand how real individuals actually work with economics. In this new book, the authors illustrate the practicality and relevance of economics with a variety of new illustrations and insights. The authors take a three-pronged approach to every concept: (1) the concept is covered with a "Heads Up" to ward off confusion, (2) a "You Try It" section makes sure students are staying on top of the concept and (3) a "Case and Point" section that uses a real-world application to harness the concept in reality. For one example of how this plays out in the text see "Chapter 3, Section 2 on Supply".here This book is intended for a one-semester course in Macroeconomics taught out the social sciences or business school.
- Book Quality:
- Publisher Quality
- Flat World Knowledge
- Date of Addition:
- Copyright Date:
- Copyrighted By:
- Adult content:
- Grade Levels:
- Adult Ed, Graduate Student, College Senior, College Junior, College Sophomore, College Freshman
- Submitted By:
- Bookshare Staff
Reviews of Principles of Macroeconomics (0 reviews)
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.