Principles of Marketing 2.0
- Principles of Marketing Version 2.0 by Tanner, Raymond and Schuster teaches the experience and process of actually doing marketing - not just the vocabulary. It carries five dominant themes throughout in order to expose students to marketing in today's environment: Service dominant logic - This textbook employs the term "offering" instead of the more traditional First "P" -- product. That is because consumers don't sacrifice value when alternating between a product and a service. They are evaluating the entire experience, whether they interact with a product, a service, or a combination. So the fundamental focus is providing value throughout the value chain, whether that value chain encompasses a product, service, or both. Sustainability; Increasingly, companies are interested in the impact they are having on their local community as well as the overall environment. This is often referred to as the triple bottom line of financial, social, and environment performance. Ethics and social responsibility; Following on the sustainability notion is the broader importance of ethics and social responsibility in creating successful organizations. The authors make consistent references to ethical situations throughout chapter coverage, and end of chapter material in most chapters will encompass ethical situations. Global coverage -- Tanner, Raymond and Schuster deliberately entitled Chapter 1; What is Marketing?; Whether it is today's price of gasoline, the current U.S. presidential race, or Midwestern U.S. farming, almost every industry and company needs strong global awareness. And today's marketing professionals must understand the world in which they and their companies operate. Metrics -- Firms today have the potential to gather more information than ever before about their current and potential customers. That information gathering can be costly, but it can also be very revealing. With the potential to capture so much more detail about micro transactions, firms should now be more able to answer ;well, what this marketing strategy really worth it?; And what is the marketing ROI?; And finally, what is this customer or set of customers worth to us over their lifetime? Principles of Marketing Version 2.0 brings new and updated coverage of new developments in the influence of social media to empower consumers, as well as marketing's use of social media, such as sentiment analysis, mobile marketing, and customer service and complaint tracking, as a communications and promotion channel, just a name a few. Version 2.0 also has an overall increased number of examples, as well as, new discussion questions in every chapter (resulting in at least 10 per chapter). In addition, the textbook's key terms, and repeated concepts have been strategically arranged to make customizing this book with Flat World's MIYO platform even easier.
- Book Quality:
- Publisher Quality
- Flat World Knowledge
- Date of Addition:
- Copyrighted By:
- Adult content:
- Business and Finance, Textbooks
- Grade Levels:
- Adult Ed, Graduate Student, College Senior, College Junior, College Sophomore, College Freshman
- Submitted By:
- Bookshare Staff
- Usage Restrictions:
- This book is freely available to all subject to the Creative Commons license listed inside the book.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.