The Adélie Penguin: Bellwether of Climate Change
You must sign in to Bookshare to download.
- Brief Synopsis:
- When sea-ice declines, so does the population of Adélie penguins, making this species a predictive indicator of the effects of global warming.
- Long Synopsis:
- When sea-ice declines, so does the population of Adélie penguins, making this species a predictive indicator of the effects of global warming. This book summarizes our present ecological knowledge of this species: its biology, behavior, and ecology within the Antarctic ecosystem; the ecological factors important to its life history; and details of the mechanisms by which it is responding to climate change. The narrative is complemented by richly written texts from the earliest Antarctic naturalists, fine illustrations from the accomplished artist Lucia deLeiris, and photographs by the author.
- Book Quality:
- Publisher Quality
- Columbia University Press
- Date of Addition:
- Copyright Date:
- Copyrighted By:
- David G. Ainley, Lucia Deleiris
- Adult content:
- English US
- Nonfiction, Science, Animals, Outdoors and Nature
- Submitted By:
- Bookshare Staff
Reviews of The Adélie Penguin: Bellwether of Climate Change (0 reviews)
0 - No Rating Yet