Marketing: A Critical Introduction
Does marketing really work for organizations, managers and citizens? How can marketing management be studied and practiced critically?
This key text introduces the essentials of critical thinking within the field of marketing in easy to read and understandable terms. Integrating critical perspectives with the topics of the typical marketing curriculum, Chris Hackley has produced an indispensable supporting text for upper level, undergraduate and postgraduate Marketing courses. A wide range of issues are covered including:
- Historical origins and influences in marketing
- Introduction to the concepts of Critical Theory
- Marketing 'orientation' and the marketing 'mix'
- Critique of marketing principles
- Marketing and strategy
- The role of research in marketing
- Marketing and managerial ideology
- Marketing ethics
Each chapter includes Chapter Review questions, Case studies reflecting issues in the chapters, along with supporting case questions and reflections, as well as stimulating practical examples.
- Book Quality:
- Publisher Quality
- Related ISBNs:
- 9781446272367, 9781412911498, 9781412911481, 9781446202227
- SAGE Publications
- Date of Addition:
- Copyrighted By:
- Chris Hackley
- Adult content:
- Textbooks, Nonfiction, Business and Finance
- Submitted By:
- Bookshare Staff
- Usage Restrictions:
- This is a copyrighted book.