- Table View
- List View
Chinatown -- a place of dragons and dreams; fireflies and memories Chinatown -- full of wonder and magic; fireworks on New Year's Day and a delicious smell on every corner Chinatown -- where every day brings something familiar and something new.
When Aunt Waka comes to visit, and brings with her the old-fashioned wisdom of Japan, she teaches Rinko the importance of her Japanese heritage, and the value of her own strengths and dreams.
A is for Asia, illustrated by Yumi Heoby Chin-Lee, Cynthia
A collection of writings by 25 Asian-Americans.
A Suitcase of Seaweed and Other Poemsby Wong, Janet S.
China's poets have created shi, poems that follow strict rules of structure and rhythm, for several thousand years. Here are thirty-five shi from the Han dynasty to the modern era, in English and Chinese.
In this unique collection of touching and heartfelt short stories, ten young Asian-American writers re-create the conflicts that many young people feel living in two distinct worlds - one of memories and traditions, and one of today.
Aani and the Tree Huggers, illustrated by Venantius. J. Pintoby Atkins, Jeannine
All in a Dayby Anno, Mitsumasa
In 1972 Seattle, a teenager in a Japanese American family struggles for his own identity, along with a group of three friends who share his anger and confusion.
All the Colors of the Earthby Hamanaka, Sheila
Twelve-year-old Amy finds her family responsibilities growing and interfering with her ballet practice when her mother takes a job outside the home.
This book is a collection of 8 Vietnamese folk tales.
When Allison realizes that she looks more like her favorite doll than like her parents, she comes to terms with this unwelcome discovery with the help of a stray cat.
American Sisters: Pacific Odyssey to California 1905by Lawlor, Laurie
Seventeen-year-old Dimple, whose family is from India, discovers that she is not Indian enough for the Indians and not American enough for the Americans, as she sees her best friend taking possession of her heritage and the boy she likes.
Almond Cookies and Dragon Well Tea, illustrated by You Shan Tanby Chin-Lee, Cynthia
Robin, a young ballet dancer who is half Chinese and half white, works in a fish store for Mr. Tsow, a brusque Chinese who accuses her of being a half person and who harbors a bitter secret.
Text and photographs present some of the notable heavyweight boxing matches of the twentieth century, featuring such fighters as Jack Dempsey, Joe Louis, and Muhammad Ali.
Angel Child/Dragon Child, illustrated by Vo-Dinh Maiby Surat, Michele Maria
Aruna's Journeyby Sreenivasan, Jyotsna
Bridgeable Shores: Selected Poems (1969-2001)by Cabalquinto, Luis
Anna and the Bookbinder, illustrated by Ted Randby Cheng, Andrea
Ashok by Any Other Name, illustrated by Janice Tohinakaby Yamate, Sandra S.
Kai Ting is the only American-born son of a family that has fled China. Unprepared for life on the streets of San Francisco, Kai spends his childhood trying to adapt to American life.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.