- Table View
- List View
Chinatown -- a place of dragons and dreams; fireflies and memories Chinatown -- full of wonder and magic; fireworks on New Year's Day and a delicious smell on every corner Chinatown -- where every day brings something familiar and something new.
When Aunt Waka comes to visit, and brings with her the old-fashioned wisdom of Japan, she teaches Rinko the importance of her Japanese heritage, and the value of her own strengths and dreams.
A is for Asia, illustrated by Yumi Heoby Chin-Lee, Cynthia
A collection of writings by 25 Asian-Americans.
A Suitcase of Seaweed and Other Poemsby Wong, Janet S.
China's poets have created shi, poems that follow strict rules of structure and rhythm, for several thousand years. Here are thirty-five shi from the Han dynasty to the modern era, in English and Chinese.
In this unique collection of touching and heartfelt short stories, ten young Asian-American writers re-create the conflicts that many young people feel living in two distinct worlds - one of memories and traditions, and one of today.
Aani and the Tree Huggers, illustrated by Venantius. J. Pintoby Atkins, Jeannine
All in a Dayby Anno, Mitsumasa
In 1972 Seattle, a teenager in a Japanese American family struggles for his own identity, along with a group of three friends who share his anger and confusion.
All the Colors of the Earthby Hamanaka, Sheila
Twelve-year-old Amy finds her family responsibilities growing and interfering with her ballet practice when her mother takes a job outside the home.
This book is a collection of 8 Vietnamese folk tales.
When Allison realizes that she looks more like her favorite doll than like her parents, she comes to terms with this unwelcome discovery with the help of a stray cat.
American Sisters: Pacific Odyssey to California 1905by Lawlor, Laurie
Seventeen-year-old Dimple, whose family is from India, discovers that she is not Indian enough for the Indians and not American enough for the Americans, as she sees her best friend taking possession of her heritage and the boy she likes.
Almond Cookies and Dragon Well Tea, illustrated by You Shan Tanby Chin-Lee, Cynthia
Robin, a young ballet dancer who is half Chinese and half white, works in a fish store for Mr. Tsow, a brusque Chinese who accuses her of being a half person and who harbors a bitter secret.
Text and photographs present some of the notable heavyweight boxing matches of the twentieth century, featuring such fighters as Jack Dempsey, Joe Louis, and Muhammad Ali.
Angel Child/Dragon Child, illustrated by Vo-Dinh Maiby Surat, Michele Maria
Aruna's Journeyby Sreenivasan, Jyotsna
Bridgeable Shores: Selected Poems (1969-2001)by Cabalquinto, Luis
Anna and the Bookbinder, illustrated by Ted Randby Cheng, Andrea
Ashok by Any Other Name, illustrated by Janice Tohinakaby Yamate, Sandra S.
Kai Ting is the only American-born son of a family that has fled China. Unprepared for life on the streets of San Francisco, Kai spends his childhood trying to adapt to American life.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ���DAISY Text with Images���.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.