Tired of moving around so much, Amelia, the daughter of migrant farm workers, dreams of a stable home.
Welcome to José's neighborhood. In his barrio, people speak an easy mix of Spanish and English and sometimes even Chinese. The masked revelry of Halloween leads into the festive remembrances of the Day of the Dead.
The author describes, in bilingual (English and Spanish) text and illustrations, her experiences growing up in a Hispanic community in Texas.
El Gallo de Bodas / The Bossy Gallitoby Gonzalez, Lucia M.
En Mi Familia / In My Familyby Garza, Carmen Lomas
Iguanas en La Nieve: Y Otros Peomas de Invierno / Iguanas in the Snow and Other Winter Poemsby Alarcon, Francisco X. and Gonzales, Maya Christina
La Abuelita Fina y sus Sombrillas Maravillosas / Grandma Fina and Her Wonderful Umbrellasby Saenz, Benjamin Alire and Garcia, Geronimo
La Boda de la Ratoncita: Una Leyenda Maya / The Mouse Bridge: A Mayan Legendby Dupre, Judith and Broeck, Fabricio Vanden
Los Ninos Alfabeticos / Children and the Alphabetby Ayala, Lourdes and Isona-Rodriguez, Margarita and Shoemaker, Kathryn
When the magic dogs who live on the volcanoes of El Salvador and protect the villagers from harm are pursued by wicked lead soldiers, they are aided by two ancient volcanoes. In Spanish and English.
Margaret, who speaks only English, and Margarita, who speaks only Spanish, meet in the park Margaret, que habla solamente inglés, y Margarita, que habla solamente español, satisfacen en el parque
In English and Spanish, a child describes how each person in the family has hair that looks and acts different, Papa's like a broom, Kiki's like fur, and Mama's with the smell of warm bread.
Ventanas Mágicas / Magic Windowsby Garza, Carmen Lomas
Playing catch together in the sunny park, putting colorful jigsaw puzzles together, and reading stories before bedtime--two brothers share all this and more. Text is in English and Spanish.
Follows a day, a birthday, in the life of a Mexican-American child who lives with his family in the Mission district of San Francisco.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ���DAISY Text with Images���.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.