- Table View
- List View
Bookshare is pleased to offer the following titles from The National Education Association's list of Multicultural Books Every Child Should Read.
|Young People's Fiction||Abuela||Dorros, Arthur|
|Non-Fiction||American Indian Animal Stories||Bruchac, Joseph||Pending Title [?]|
|Young People's Fiction||Baseball Saved Us||Mochizuki, Ken|
|Fiction||Bud, Not Buddy||Curtis, Christopher Paul|
|Non-Fiction||Celebrating Families||Hausherr, Rosmarie|
|Non-Fiction||Drumbeat. Heartbeat: A Celebration of the Powwow||Braine, Susan||Pending Title [?]|
|Young People's Fiction||Esperanza Rising||Ryan, Pam Muñoz|
|Non-Fiction||Family Pictures / Cuadros de Familia||Garza, Carmen Lomas|
|Poetry||From the Bellybutton of the Moon, and Other Summer Poems/Del Ombligo de la Luna, y Otros Poemas de Verano||Alarcon, Francisco X. and Gonzalez, Maya Christina||Pending Title [?]|
|Non-Fiction||Giving Thanks: A Native American Good Morning Message||Jr. Jr. and Swamp, Jake and Printup, Erwin||Pending Title [?]|
|Young People's Fiction||Golden Tales: Myths, Legends and Folktales from Latin America||Delacre, Lulu||Pending Title [?]|
|Young People's Fiction||Grandfather Counts||Cheng, Andrea|
|Young People's Fiction||Hairs / Pelitos||Cisneros, Sandra|
|Fiction||Halmoni and the Picnic||Choi, Sook Nyul|
|Young People's Fiction||Honey, I Love||Greenfield, Eloise|
|Young People's Fiction||John Henry||Lester, Julius and Pinkney, Jerry||Pending Title [?]|
|Young People's Fiction||Justin and the Best Biscuits in the World||Walter, Mildred Pitts|
|Poetry||Maples in the Mist: Poems for Children from the Tang Dynasty||Ho, Minfong and Jean and Tseng, Mou-Sien||Pending Title [?]|
|Young People's Fiction||Mirandy and Brother Wind||Mckissack, Patricia C. and Pinkney, Jerry||Pending Title [?]|
|Young People's Fiction||Morning on the Lake||Waboose, Jan Bourdeau|
|Fiction||My Name Is María Isabel||Ada, Alma Flor and Cerro, Ana M.|
|Fiction||Now Is Your Time!||Myers, Walter Dean|
|Young People's Fiction||Oh, Freedom! Kids Talk About the Civil Rights Movement with the People Who Made It Happen||King, Casey and Osborne, Linda Barrett|
|Young People's Fiction||Quilted Landscapes: Conversations with Young Immigrants||Strom, Yale|
|Young People's Fiction||Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry||Taylor, Mildred D.|
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.