- Table View
- List View
Big Tree of Bunlahy: Stories of My Own Countrysideby Colum, Padraic
Glory of the Seasby Hewes, Agnes
Apprentice of Florenceby Kyle, Ann
Young Fu is bound for seven years to be an apprentice to Tang the coppersmith, and his new life in the Chinese city of Chungking is both exciting and terrifying. Yet for Young Fu, the pleasures of the bustling Chungking of the 1920s far outweigh its dangers...
After being turned out by his mean-spirited uncle, Chris Dahlberg decides to harvest some of the giant logs down the Mississippi River to market in St. Louis.
The Railroad To Freedom: A Story of the Civil Warby Swift, Hildegarde
Children of the Soil: A Story of Scandinaviaby Burglon, Nora
A poignant story of a young Navajo boy's spiritual odyssey and coming of age as a medicine man provides a vivid portrait of the beliefs, traditions, and lifestyle of the Navajo people.
The Fairy Circusby Lathrop, Dorothy P.
Boy of the South Seasby Tietjens, Eunice
Out of the Flameby Lownsbery, Eloise
Jane's Islandby Allee, Marjorie
Truce of the Wolf and Other Tales of Old Italyby Davis, Mary
In 1743, thirteen-year-old Marguerite Ledoux travels to Maine as the indentured servant of a family that regards her as little better than the Indians that threaten them, but her strength, quick thinking and courage surprise them all.
In ancient Japan a struggling artist is angered when his housekeeper brings home a tiny white cat he can barely afford to feed
Floating Islandby Parrish, Anne
The Dark Star of Itza: The Story of A Pagan Princessby Malkus, Alida
Queer Personby Hubbard, Ralph
Mountains are Freeby Adams, Julie Davis
Spice and the Devil's Caveby Hewes, Agnes
Meggy MacIntosh was under her uncle's care. She felt neglected and went away to North Carolina in search of her heroine, Flora MacDonald. She moves to the back country and finds the Highlander there. Soon she realizes that their way was not hers.
Garram the Hunter: A Boy of the Hill Tribesby Best, Herbert
Hitty is a very special doll who belongs to Phoebe. Phoebe is proud of her beautiful doll and brings Hitty everywhere she goes. This is thrilling for Hitty, who finds herself involved in the most wonderful adventures both on land and at sea.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.