- Table View
- List View
Retells the legendary story of the Huns' and Magyars' long migration from Asia to Europe where they hope to find a permanent home.
Pecos Billby Bowman, James Cloyd
Born and raised on Bright Island off the Maine coast, Thankful Curtis is more like her sea captain grandfather than any of her older brothers are. Nothing suits her better than sailing and helping her father with the farm. But when her dreaded sisters-in-law suggest that Thankful get some proper schooling on the mainland, the wind is knocked from her sails.
The adventures of Laura Ingalls and her family continue as they leave their little house on the prairie and travel in their covered wagon to Minnesota. Here they settle in a little house made of sod beside the banks of beautiful Plum Creek.
Lucinda spends a year in New York City when her family goes to Europe. A story of old New York, about a tomboy who couldn't help being a lady at the same time.
Phebe Fairchild: Her Bookby Lenski, Lois
Whistler's Vanby Jones, Idwal
The Golden Basketby Bemelmans, Ludwig
Winterboundby Bianco, Margery
The Codfish Musketby Hewes, Agnes
A Newbery Honor award winner book for the year 1937, Audubon is a biography of ornithologist and painter John James Audubon.
Children everywhere will love redheaded Caddie with her penchant for pranks. Scarcely out of one scrape before she is into another, she refuses to be a "lady," preferring instead to run the woods with her brothers.
Honk, the Mooseby Stong, Phil
Young Jancsi and his cousin Kate from Budapest race across the Hungarian plains on horseback, attend country fairs and festivals, and experience a dangerous run-in with gypsies.
Young Walter Scottby Gray, Elizabeth Janet
Enoch Thacher, a boy whose father lost his fortune at sea, is taken on by the famous shipbuilder, Donald McKay, and accompanies the 'Flying Cloud' on her maiden, record-breaking trip around the Horn.
A Bulgarian peasant boy must convince his mother that he is destined to be a sculptor, not a farmer.
Pageant of Chinese Historyby Seeger, Elizabeth
Blending myth and reality, Constance Rourke aimed to get at the heart of Davy Crockett, whose hold on the American imagination was firm even before he died at the Alamo.
Day On Skates: The Story of a Dutch Picnicby Stockum, Hilda Von
The true story of Louisa May Alcott and her family who became the beloved characters in Little Women. Happy and well educated despite her poverty, exuberant Louisa after working at many jobs, discovered her talent for writing about what she loved best and fulfilled her dream of supporting her family.
The Forgotten Daughterby Snedeker, Caroline
Swords of Steelby Singmaster, Elsie
ABC Bunnyby Gág, Wanda
New Landby Schmidt, Sarah
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.