- Table View
- List View
Will anyone take on Jake Semple? Jake Semple is notorious. Rumor has it he burned down his old school and got kicked out of every school in his home state.
Tree-ear, a 13-year-old orphan in medieval Korea, lives under a bridge in a potters' village, and longs to learn how to throw the delicate celadon ceramics himself. Newbery Medal Winner.
An 11-year-old recounts her experiences and the lessons about human nature and the unpredictability of life learned in the months after her parents are lost at sea. Newbery Honor Book.
Collection of poems painting a portrait of the internal life of African-American agricultural pioneer George Washington Carver. Newbery Honor book.
Fifteen-year-old Mary Alice is sent to speand a summer with her Grandma Dowdel, a woman well known for shaking up her neighbors.
Hope and her aunt move to a small town in Wisconsin to run the local diner. The owner of the diner has decided to run for mayor, however, people are skeptical because he has leukemia. Hope decides to help in the campaign. A Newbery Honor Book.
Ten-year-old India Opal Buloni describes her first summer in the town of Naomi, Florida, and all the good things that happen to her because of her big ugly dog Winn-Dixie. Newbery Honor Book.
When Joey Pigza meets his dad, for the first time in years, he meets a grownup version of his old hyperactive self-the way he was before his stint in special ed and his new meds.
Sophie joins her three uncles and two cousins as they sail across the Atlantic toward England to see her grandfather. The journey takes her deeper into her forgotten past. A Newbery Honor Book.
Bud, an orphan from Flint Michigan tries to find who he thinks is his father during the Great Depression.
Find your true self! Live a wonderful life!! Begin a journey of self-discovery!!! Book on finding yourself within a religious context
Being a pioneer in Washington in 1899 is hard. It's even harder when you're the only girl ever born in the new settlement. May Amelia Jackson just can't behave like a Proper Young Lady the way her family wants her to. A Newbery Honor Book.
Children's author-illustrator Tomie dePaola describes his experiences at home and in school when he was a boy.
Stanley Yelnats is under a curse. A curse that began with his no-good-dirty-rotten-pig-stealing-great-great-grandfather and has since followed generations of Yelnats.
A boy recounts his annual summer trips to rural Illinois with his sister during the Great Depression to visit their larger-than-life grandmother
Annotation: In a series of poems, fifteen-year-old Billie Jo relates the hardships of living on her family's wheat farm in Oklahoma during the dust bowl years of the Depression.
During a summer spent at Rockaway Beach in 1944, Lily's friendship with a young Hungarian refugee causes her to see the war and her own world differently.
It is tradition for boys to become wringers for the town's Pigeon Day where sharpshooters come to compete every year. Palmer will become a wringer when he turns ten. Because of this, Palmer dreads his tenth birthday. A Newbery Honor Book.
In this novel based on the story of Cinderella, Ella struggles against the childhood curse that forces her to obey any order given to her. At birth, Ella of Frell was given the gift of obedience by a fairy.
How had Mrs. Olinski chosen her sixth-grade Academic Bowl team? She had a number of answers. But were any of them true? How had she really chosen Noah and Nadia and Ethan and Julian? And why did they make such a good team?
Moql is banished from her Folk homeland and sent to live with humans! She's not human but not Folk either; she's half of both and not quite one nor the other. Dedicated "To all children who have ever felt different." A Newbery Honor Book.
When Belle Prater disappears, her son, Woodrow, comes to live with his grandparents in Coal Station, Virginia. His cousin, Gypsy, lives next door. She has secrets of her own. They find that they have a lot in common. A Newbery Honor Book.
Nothing is overdone and not a word is out of place in this auspicious debut," wrote Kirkus in a starred review of Instead of Three Wishes, the first book by Megan Whalen Turner. Her second book more than fulfills that promise.
Nhamo's mother is dead, and her father is gone. She is a virtual slave in her small African village. Before her twelfth birthday, Nhamo learns that she must marry a cruel man with three other wives and decides desperately to run away.
From the author of "Catherine, Called Birdy" comes another spellbinding novel set in medieval England. The girl known only as Brat has no family, no home, and no future until she meets Jane the Midwife and becomes her apprentice.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.