- Table View
- List View
Hitty is a very special doll who belongs to Phoebe. Phoebe is proud of her beautiful doll and brings Hitty everywhere she goes. This is thrilling for Hitty, who finds herself involved in the most wonderful adventures both on land and at sea.
A Daughter of the Seine: The Life of Madame Rolandby Eaton, Jeanette
Pran of Albaniaby Miller, Elizabeth
Jumping-Off Placeby Mcneely, Marion Hurd
The Tangle-Coated Horse and Other Talesby Young, Ella
Vainoby Adams, Julia Davis
Little Blacknoseby Swift, Hildegarde
There was something about the Great Tarnov Crystal....Wise men spoke of it in hushed tones. Others were ready to kill for it. Now a murderous Tartar chief is bent on possessing it. But young Joseph Charnetski was bound by an ancient oath to protect the jewel at all costs.
Pigtail of Ah Lee Ben Looby Bennett, John
The Boy Who Wasby Hallock, Grace
Clearing Weatherby Meigs, Cornelia
Runaway Papooseby Moon, Grace
Tod of the Fensby Whitney, Elinor
Once upon a time there was an old man and an old woman who were very lonely. They decided to get a cat, but when the old man went out searching, he found not one cat, but millions and billions and trillions of cats! Images and image descriptions available.
Story of a pigeon and the boy who owns him. Set in India in the 1920s.
The Wonder Smith and His Sonby Young, Ella
This treasure of a novel is set on the island of Nantucket just before the War of 1812. Much more than a tale of whaling ships and gentle Quaker eccentricities, it is a tale of friendship-the kind most truly espoused by these 'plain' folk, with all the struggle and complexity one should expect.
Smoky know only one way of life: freedom. Until he meets a cowboy and gives up some of his freedom for something ever more valuable.
A series of fascinating Chinese stories with the character of folk and wonder tales in which the author has caught admirably the spirit of Chinese life and thought.
The Voyagers: Being Legends and Romances of Atlantic Discoveryby Colum, Padraic
This children's book is a collection of nineteen folk tales collected and retold by the author from his travels throughout Central and South America.
Nicholas: A Manhattan Christmas Storyby Moore, Annie Carroll
The Dream Coachby Parrish, Anne
Set in 17th England, orphaned Philip Marsham is forced to flee London. He signs on with a dark frigate headed for Newfoundland, which is captured by pirates.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.