12-year-old Catherine has spent years trying to teach her autistic brother, David, the rules. But when she meets Jason and Kristi over the summer, it is her own behavior that turns everything upside down.
"Three years after being released from Camp Green Lake, Armpit is trying hard to keep his life on track." Working for a landscaper, he's doing well, until a buddy from the camp comes up with a get-rich-quick scheme.
Jackie Robinson is the new first baseman for the Brooklyn Dodgers--and the first black player in Major League Baseball. A young boy shares the excitement of Robinson's rookie season with his deaf father.
Cornila goes to stay at her reclusive Aunt's farm, after her mother abandons her. She learns many things about herself while there.
Sixteen-year-old Steve struggles to make sense of his mother's terminal breast cancer and his brother's suicide.
Two Latino boys experience carefree friendship despite one boy's disability. In English and Spanish.
When Naomi's absent mother resurfaces to claim her, Naomi runs away to Mexico with her great-grandmother and younger brother in search of her father.
Samantha Abeel can't tell time, remember her locker combination, or count out change at a checkout counter and she's in seventh grade. For a straight-A student like Samantha, problems like these make no sense.
Tells the day in the life of a guide dog from the dog's perspective.
The book is about a teenage girl Mia who has the ability to see words and numbers in different colors. Describes how she uses this unusual gift.
Bobby Phillips wakes up one morning and can't see himself in the mirror. Not blind - invisible. That means no school, no friends, no life. He has to find out how to be seen again-before it's too late.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.