- Table View
- List View
Story of the famous American legend, Paul Bunyan and his blue ox.
Relates how the unexpected delivery of a large crate containing a live penguin changes the life of Mr. Popper, a house painter obsessed by dreams of the polar region.
The family heads west to the unsettled wilderness of the Dakota Territory.
Can a collie travel over 1,000 miles over rugged and dangerous turaine to meet her master at the schoolyard gate?
When Alex saw the beautiful stallion, he didn't know that that horse would change his world forever.
True story (maybe) of how children slipped millions of dollars in gold past Nazi guards during WWII.
The moving story of the bond between a man and a wild dog.
In this, the second book in the series, the heart-stopping adventures of the Black Stallion continue as Alec discovers that two men are after the Black. One claims to be the Black's rightful owner and one is trying to kill the beautiful steed.
A young man dreams of what he could catch if he just waited long enough in McElligot's pool
He was named "Sham" for the sun. This is the classic story of Sham and his friend, the stable boy Agba. Newbery winner.
Sequel to Misty of Chincoteague, paul and maureen are excited when people want to make a movie about Misty, but they also want to buy her. Can Paul and Maureen let her go?
Miss Pickerell goes to visit her pet cow one morning and finds a rocketship in the pasture! It's a mission to Mars, and a curious Miss Pickerell finds herself accidentally locked inside!
If Ribsy can behave himself for 2 months, Henry can go on a fishing trip with Mr. Huggins. Henry thinks this will be easy, but he didn't bargain on Ribsy's unstoppable nose for trouble!
There are a great many horses in the high country of the West, and some of them are lucky enough to have a boy to look after them and love them. But there aren't nearly enough boys to go around. That is why Magic, the golden mare, was most particularly lucky to have a boy like Robin Daveen. It was the greatest kind of luck for both of them, as a matter of fact, that they had each other, because Magic was not an ordinary horse and Robin was not an ordinary boy.
Henry sets out to show that he's capable of having a paper route, but he meets many obstacles. Ramona the pest saves the day.
Can Danny program Miniac, a miniature automatic computer, to do his homework for him? His attempts seem to be going well until an old enemy, Snitcher, tries his hand at sabotage.
History of a small band of backwoodsmen who carried on a private war with the British redcoats in South Carolina during the American Revolution. Led by Francis Marion, these guerrilla fighters struck fear into the hearts of the English.
Danny Dunn, Professor Bullfinch's headstrong young sidekick, is at it again. Trapped in the Professor's submersible research vessel at the bottom of the sea, time is running out!
The author describes the life of John F. Kennedy and his PT-109, focusing on the wreck of his ship and how the crew members were saved.
A Newbery Honor Book about the author and his best friend, a raccoon named Rascal, in 1918.
Wen resourceful inventor Caractacus Pott saves the enormous green roadster from the scrap heap, it doesn't take long for his family to realize that they have a pretty amazing auto.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.