- Table View
- List View
Beverly Cleary's memoirs of growing up on a farm and then in Portland, Oregon as she develops into a writer.
Abel's place in his familiar, mouse world has always been secure; he had an allowance from his mother, a comfortable home, and a lovely wife, Amanda. But one stormy August day, furious flood water carry him off and dump him on an uninhabited island. Despite his determination and stubborn resourcefulness--he tried crossing the river with boats and ropes and even on stepping-stones--Abel can't find a way to get back home.
Although classmates say that she can't play Peter Pan in the school play, because she's black and a girl, Grace discovers that she can do anything she sets her mind to do.
Farmer Hoggett and his wife discover that their new piglet Babe is no ordinary pig (made into a movie called Babe).
It was Leslie's idea to create Terabithia, their secret kingdom in the woods where Leslie and Jess reigned as King and Queen. There no enemy could defeat them.
Harold and Chester, the family dog and cat, are suspicious that the new pet rabbit is a vampire bunny. They must warn the family who see the rabbit as a harmless and adorable creature.
Mrs. Jane Tabby could not explain why all four of her children had wings. But it meant that her dreams for her kittens would someday come true.
E.B. White's classic story of the friendship between Wilbur the pig and Charlotte the spider.
A young girl is sent to live with her grandmother in Chinatown and finds her Chinese heritage for the first time.
Lucas Cott desires to be a good student while his classmates want him to be funny as the class clown!
A fifth-grade class election is full of surprises when Julio nominates his best friend but ends up becoming much more involved!
Here's Roald Dahl's famous story about a 9-year-old boy, his dad, and a daring and hilarious pheasant-snatching expedition.
Leigh writes to an author, Mr. Henshaw as he struggles with being the new kid in town and as he deals with his parents going through a divorce.
The story of an eight-year-old Chinese boy's experience of immigration to the United States in the early 1900s. A Newbery Honor Book.
Andrew would do anything to get himself covered in freckles--even buy a questionable freckle juice recipe from Sharon!
Harriet M. Welsch is determined to be a spy. To practice, she keeps a log of her observations; but one day, her classmates find the log and read it aloud.
This award-winning contemporary classic is the survival story with which all others are compared--and a page-turning, heart-stopping adventure.
A memoir of Jean Fritz's childhood in China where she felt homesick for America--a place she'd never been but longed for.
A young Chinese girl in 1947 comes to Brooklyn and discovers her love for baseball while adjusting to new life in America.
When James drops magic crystals by the peach tree, the lone peach starts growing, and before long, it's as big as a house, with a secret entranceway.
It's tough for 11-year-old Ned to stop eating, even when he's sent to a summer diet camp.
Yuki, a 12-year-old Japanese American girl, and her family were sent to a concentration camp in Utah. This is the story of their journey back to Berkeley, California after WWII is over.
Junie B. is the bestest spier in the world. That's 'cause she has sneaky feet. Junie B. might be real sneaky. And real peeky. But when she spies on Mrs., she could get into real trouble!
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.