Twelve-year-old Will Scott is not happy to be riding the Orphan Train because he is not really an orphan. But his father says he will have a better life out west.
The Tuck family has a secret--that they drink from a magical spring which gives them eternal life. However, their secret is about to be known to others in the community.
Miata Ramirez is scared and upset. She left her folklorico skirt on her school bus, the skirt that belonged to her mother when she was a child in Mexico. Can Miata get the skirt back
Left alone to guard the family's wilderness home in eighteenth-century Maine, a boy is hard-pressed to survive until local Indians teach him their skills.
"Three unwanted kids--Pinballs, as wisecracking Carly dubs them--collide in a warm and caring foster home and learn to pin their hopes on each other". --School Library Journal. ALA Notable Children's Book; School Library Journal Best Books of 1977.
Elizabeth is a beautiful princess about to marry the perfect prince until a dragon destroys all that she owns and runs away with her prince!
A collection of personal reminiscences of the author's youth in a hamlet on the central highlands of Vietnam.
Michael's great-great-aunt Dew is a hundred years old. She keeps a box in her room filled with pennies, one for each year she has lived.
Thirteen year old Thomas' family moves into a spooky old house that was once a stop on the Underground Railroad. A thrilling adventure for readers 9-12.
J.R.R. Tolkien's fantasy masterpiece The Hobbit is a tale of high adventure, undertaken by a company of dwarves in search of dragon-guarded gold.
Tom is going away from home for the first time to the academy in Salt Lake city.
When they stumble upon a deserted storage yard behind the A-Z Antiques and Curio shop, Melanie and April decide it's the perfect spot for the Egypt Game. (A Newbery Honor Book.)
Pocahontas is a young girl in an Indian tribe who is caught between the tensions of the Indian culture and the culture of the white settlers.
Secily wants to get married, but she wants to find her family fortune first. Also, there is a phantom boat on the lake and a sinister family whose behavior is very odd.
Young Taran rescues his master's pig with a renowned hero, a girl sorcerer, a fibbing harper, and a half human craving munchings. They face unkillable warriors, and learn true bravery and loyalty.
Little Willy is determined to keep his sick grandfather's farm going and enters into a race with his loyal dog, Searchlight.
A story about a beautiful but mean princess and a plain but good-hearted girl.
A self-centered, troubled, ten-year-old girl finds solutions to her problems when she finds employment at a shoeshine stand.
Sadako, a child who has leukemia due to the atomic bomb, folds paper cranes in order to get well. With Picture Descriptions. Historical fiction.
Adventurous stories of a free-spirited girl named Pippi Longstocking.
Two owls from Saskatchewan come to a neighborhood and shake up the whole town.
This Newbery Medal Book describes how a ten-year-old Danish girl's bravery is tested when her best friend is threatened by Nazis in 1943.
Maggie, a feisty third-grader, refuses to learn how to read or write cursive writing.
Children's story about the life of a woman who wished to make the world a better place.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.