Ensign Andrew Dahl has just been assigned to the Universal Union Capital Ship Intrepid, flagship of the Universal Union since the year 2456.
Winner of the 2011 Nebula Award for Best Novel. Startling, unusual, and yet irresistibly readable, Among Others is at once the compelling story of a young woman struggling to escape a troubled childhood, a brilliant diary of first encounters with the great novels of modern fantasy and SF, and a spellbinding tale of escape from ancient enchantment.
Winner of the Nebula AwardTraveling back in time, from Oxford circa 2060 into the thick of World War II, was a routine excursion for three British historians eager to study firsthand the heroism and horrors of the Dunkirk evacuation and the London
Oxford in 2060 is a chaotic place, with scores of time-traveling historians being sent into the past. Michael Davies is prepping to go to Pearl Harbor.
BONUS: This edition contains a The City & The City discussion guide and excerpts from China Miéville's Kraken and Embassytown.NAMED ONE OF THE BEST BOOKS OF THE YEAR BY THE LOS ANGELES TIMES, THE SEATTLE TIMES, AND PUBLISHERS WEEKLY.
What Happens when bio-terrorism becomes a tool for corporate profits? And what happens when said bio-terrorism forces humanity to the cusp of post-human evolution?
Nobody Owens is a normal boy, except that he has been raised by ghosts and other denizens of the graveyard.
For sixty years Jewish refugees and their descendants have prospered in the Federal District of Sitka, a "temporary" safe haven created in the wake of the Holocaust and the shocking 1948 collapse of the fledgling state of Israel.
Set in the near future, people use high-tech contact lenses to interface with computers in their clothes. But one poet, his mind restored from the ravages of Alzheimer's, has difficulty adjusting to his new world.
This is the latest stand-alone novel by one of the most readable and engrossing writers of science fiction practising today.
Nineteenth century historical fantasy wherein two magicians war against a backdrop of the Napoleonic war and Victorian Britain.
First in trilogy featuring contact between humans and a parallel universe where Neanderthals evolved a very different culture from our own.
A man named Shadow is swept into a war between ancient and modern gods.
A teenager pitching headfirst into the world of near-adulthood, Harry returns to Hogwarts for his fourth year. The fourth book in the series.
The search for aliens has finally been solved but will everything go according to plan?
humorous time-travel tale of someone who goes to the Victorian era to find an ugly object and repair the fabric of space-time.
Last book of the Mars trilogy. The colonists have almost terraformed Mars but are threatened by an ice age while trying to gain independence from Earth.
Sequel to Brothers in Arms. Miles and Mark cross paths again.
The Hugo Award-winning Green Mars continues the thrilling, timeless tale of humanity's struggle to survive at its farthest frontier. Nearly a generation has passed since first pioneers landed, but transformation to Earthlike planet has just begun.
A race to rescue two children stranded on a world of medieval alien pack minds along with a Countermeasure that may destroy the super-intelligence bent on controlling all sentient life in the galaxy.
A science fiction novel with a time travel theme. 1992 Nebula Award Winner.
Sequel to Shards of Honor, chronicling the events leading up to Miles Naismith Vorkosigan's birth.
Miles Naismith Vorkosigan was not a mutant, though he was often mistaken for one. His home, Barrayar, was a militant world shaped by a bitter history and political strife.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.