Hari Seldon, brilliant psycho-historian and founder of the technologically superior Foundation, couldn't have predicted the birth of the extraordinary mutant: the Mule. The Foundation's future is no longer assured, and the Mule's military genius and telepathic abilities to turn the strongest-willed human into an obedient slave may spell the end of mankind. Book 2 of the Hugo winning Foundation Trilogy.
George Lerner was shipping out for Ganymede to join the fledgling colony and Bill wanted to go along, but his father would not hear of it.
Ben Reich maneuvers his way through murder in a world policed by telepaths.
Futuristic story of a society which burns books, and a man who tries to change things.
Bossy was right. Always. Invariably. She was limited only in that she had to have facts -- not assumptions -- with which to work. Given those facts, her conclusions and predictions were inevitably correct. And that made Bossy a 'ticking bomb.'
When the most important statesman of the 21st century disappears on Mars, the only hope of preventing interplanetary war lies in a ham actor's ability to impersonate the missing leader well enough to fool two worlds.
In a room outside of space-time doctors, entertainers, and wounded soldiers find themselves trapped with an atomic bomb. See long synopsis.
An intersteller expedition from Earth discovers on a lithium rich planet an intelligent and peaceful reptilian race that raises political, ethical, and religious questions
Juan Rico earns his stripes as a private, then moving up to officer in the Mobile Infantry. The M.I. is an interstellar infantry force trying desperately to prevent humankind from being destroyed by the 'bugs', intelligent spider-like beings who live in hive colonies.
The classic sci-fi story about a post apocalyptic world and its religion.
"The single most resonant and carefully imagined book of Dick's career." - New York TimesIt's America in 1962. Slavery is legal once again. The few Jews who still survive hide under assumed names.
HE WAS THE KEEPER OF INTERGALACTIC WAY STATION 18327 ... and he had one goal: To prepare Earth to join the other races of the universe.
A large object (flying saucer? atomic fireball?) is heading toward earth. Its sheer impossibility is belied by the massive earthquakes and tidal surges though.
1965 Nebula Award winning Sci Fi. 1966 Hugo award winner.
Earth is long since dead. On a colony planet, a band of men has gained control of technology, made themselves immortal, and now rules their world as the gods of the Hindu pantheon. Only one dares oppose them: he who was once Siddhartha and is now Mahasamatman. Binder of Demons. Lord of Light.
There are seven billion-plus humans crowding the surface of 21st century Earth. It is an age of intelligent computers, mass-market psychedelic drugs, politics conducted by assassination, scientists who burn incense to appease volcanoes ...all the hysteria of a dangerously overcrowded world, portrayed in a dazzlingly inventive style.
The sci-fi classic about a Terran male who goes to Gethen, where people go through cycles, becoming male or female once a month. Winner of the Nebula and Hugo awards.
Four travelers explore a gigantic world in the shape of a ring in this Hugo award winning science fiction novel.
First volume in the Riverworld series. All of humanity, everyone that ever lived has suddenly awakened on a world, a river world. You may not find your name in this book, but you're here.
Only a few know the terrifying truth--an outcast Earth scientist, a rebellious alien inhabitant of a dying planet, a lunar-born human intuitionist who senses the imminent annihilation of the Sun. They know the truth--but who will listen?
The first images, from 10000 km away, brought a halt to all activities of mankind. On a billion TV screens, a tiny cylinder grew rapidly second by second. Everyone knew it wasn't a natural object. First book in Clarke's Rama series.
In this humanistic, Nebula-winning novel, a visionary scientist tries to break down walls between a materialistic world and a Utopia based on individual freedom, collectivism, and social pressure.
Imagine yourself conscripted to fight an Interstellar war that willlast.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.