Disability politics in space. Disability politics in outer space. Same setting as the Vorkosigan Saga, but set approximately 200 years before Miles is born.
In this Nebula Award winning novel, a Mayan Priestess gives an alienated archaeologist a chance to achieve her dream. She can bring back the old gods if she sacrifices the daughter she has neglected.
The revised, definitive edition of the Hugo and Nebula Award-winning classic.
Ender Wiggin is a very bright young boy with a powerful skill, one of a group of children bred to be military geniuses and save Earth from the alien race of the "buggers".
A debut novel set for brain stun! Streetwise SF. 1984 Nebula Award Winner.
David Brin's Uplift novels are among the most thrilling and extraordinary science fiction ever written. Sundiver, Startide Rising, and The Uplift War--a New York Times bestseller--together make up one of the most beloved sagas of all time.
Nebula Award winner. His spirit dreams bring family trouble in the present. Yet those dreams let him meet our earliest Hominid ancestors in their own world and become one of them.
Severian, a young torturer banished for the sin of mercy, is now imbued with the powers of an ancient relic as he continues his journey to the city of his exile in a magical world.
Story about a king who built gardens to reach the gods thousands of years ago, and jumping forward, how a space elevator is used these days to probe our solar system
A splendid tale, combining the sensitivity and attention to mood of the new generation of science fiction writers.
Robinette Broadhead got out of the Wyoming oil-into-protein conversion mines, by winning a lottery and gained a one-way ticket to Gateway, an abandoned"interstellar depot...
In this Nebula Award winning novel, the space program, under pressure and with a glitch in its computers, tries to grotesquely alter an astronaut so that he can live unaided on the surface of Mars.
Imagine yourself conscripted to fight an Interstellar war that willlast.
In this humanistic, Nebula-winning novel, a visionary scientist tries to break down walls between a materialistic world and a Utopia based on individual freedom, collectivism, and social pressure.
The first images, from 10000 km away, brought a halt to all activities of mankind. On a billion TV screens, a tiny cylinder grew rapidly second by second. Everyone knew it wasn't a natural object. First book in Clarke's Rama series.
Only a few know the terrifying truth--an outcast Earth scientist, a rebellious alien inhabitant of a dying planet, a lunar-born human intuitionist who senses the imminent annihilation of the Sun. They know the truth--but who will listen?
Four travelers explore a gigantic world in the shape of a ring in this Hugo award winning science fiction novel.
The sci-fi classic about a Terran male who goes to Gethen, where people go through cycles, becoming male or female once a month. Winner of the Nebula and Hugo awards.
In 2198 man lives precariously on hastily-established colony worlds and in seven giant starships. Mia Haveros ship tests its children by casting them out to live or die in a month of Trial in the hostile wilds of a colony world
The surface story tells of the problems a member of an alien race, Lo Lobey, has assimilating the mythology of earth, where his kind have settled among the leftover artifacts of humanity.
Oscar-winning film Charly starring Cliff Robertson and Claire Bloom-a mentally challenged man receives an operation that turns him into a genius...and introduces him to heartache.
A poet is engaged in an interstellar war where the weapon of choice is language... In the far future, after human civilization has spread through the galaxy, communications begin to arrive in an apparently alien language. They appear to threaten invasion, but in order to counter the threat, the messages must first be understood.
Set against a backdrop of ecology, religion, and politics, this is the story of Paul Atreides, who, while avenging the plot which destroyed his father and cast him and his mother into the hostile desert of Arrakis, becomes the religious leader of the native Fremen, with dire consequences for humanity.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.