The story of how Meg, Charles and Calvin travel through the universe to battle the powers of darkness. The Newbery Award winning classic.
A young boy's hardships during the Civil War, when the country divided in two, and his brothers split into North and South to fight against one another.
A teenage Jewish girl's recorded thoughts and impressions while she and her family were being hidden in a safe house during the Nazi occupation of Holland.
It was Leslie's idea to create Terabithia, their secret kingdom in the woods where Leslie and Jess reigned as King and Queen. There no enemy could defeat them.
Mafatu is shipwrecked onto a deserted island that cannibals visit to make sacrifices to their god.
Two boys, separated by the canyons of time and two vastly different cultures, face the challenges by which they will become men.Coyote Runs, an Apache boy, takes part in his first raid. But he is to be a man for only a short time.
A novel, in diary form, of a young woman living in medieval England in 1290.
A young girl is sent to live with her grandmother in Chinatown and finds her Chinese heritage for the first time.
Here are the stories of the gods, goddesses, and legendary figures of ancient Greece!
A young boy's summer in 1928 when he starts to see the world in a new light and faces the beauties and sorrows of life.
The story of an eight-year-old Chinese boy's experience of immigration to the United States in the early 1900s. A Newbery Honor Book.
Simon's class is sick of taking care of their six-pound flour babies. But for Simon, the pack of flour provides an understanding of his fatherless life.
Historical fiction of the great events that swept China in the spring of 1989, after the Tian An Men Square uprising.
A teenager pitching headfirst into the world of near-adulthood, Harry returns to Hogwarts for his fourth year. The fourth book in the series.
This award-winning contemporary classic is the survival story with which all others are compared--and a page-turning, heart-stopping adventure.
Dicey, James, Sammy, and Maybeth have been stranded by their single mother and Dicey must find an adult they can trust to prevent her only family from being broken up.
A memoir of Jean Fritz's childhood in China where she felt homesick for America--a place she'd never been but longed for.
A novel about the clash of the ancient culture versus the modern culture of the Indians of the Pacific Northwest.
A young Chinese girl in 1947 comes to Brooklyn and discovers her love for baseball while adjusting to new life in America.
Yuki, a 12-year-old Japanese American girl, and her family were sent to a concentration camp in Utah. This is the story of their journey back to Berkeley, California after WWII is over.
While running away from home and an unwanted marriage, a thirteen-year-old Eskimo girl becomes lost on the North Slope of Alaska and is befriended by a wolf pack.
Impoverished Vermont farm girl Lyddie Worthen is determined to gain her independence by becoming a factory worker in Lowell, Massachusetts, in the 1840s.
M. C. Higgins and his family live in the dangerous mines of Sarah's Mountain. Then one day, he sees a chance to escape for a better life for himself and his family.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.