Mark Twain's classic story of a young boy's life in a small town on the Mississippi River.
Classic story of Mary and her discovery of a secret garden, locked and forgotten behind walls.
Classic tale of the sea, a hunt for buried treasure, pirates and adventures. Features Long John Silver, one of Stevenson's most enduring characters.
A teenager pitching headfirst into the world of near-adulthood, Harry returns to Hogwarts for his fourth year. The fourth book in the series.
A compilation of reminiscences of slaves and ex-slaves about their lives, from those leaving Africa through the Civil War into the 20th century.
Twelve-year-old Will Scott is not happy to be riding the Orphan Train because he is not really an orphan. But his father says he will have a better life out west.
From the author of "Catherine, Called Birdy" comes another spellbinding novel set in medieval England. The girl known only as Brat has no family, no home, and no future until she meets Jane the Midwife and becomes her apprentice.
A novel, in diary form, of a young woman living in medieval England in 1290.
Twelve-year-old Jonas lives in a seemingly ideal world. Not until he is given his life assignment as the Receiver does he begin to understand the dark secrets behind this fragile community.
Simon's class is sick of taking care of their six-pound flour babies. But for Simon, the pack of flour provides an understanding of his fatherless life.
Unforgettable stories by O. Henry such as The Gift of the Magi, The Last Leaf, and others. A wonderful mixture of romance, suspense, and comedy!
Impoverished Vermont farm girl Lyddie Worthen is determined to gain her independence by becoming a factory worker in Lowell, Massachusetts, in the 1840s.
"We want you to do it again. " These words, spoken to Brian Robeson, will change his life. Two years earlier, Brian was stranded alone in the wilderness for fifty-four days with nothing but a small hatchet. Yet he survived.
Two boys, separated by the canyons of time and two vastly different cultures, face the challenges by which they will become men.Coyote Runs, an Apache boy, takes part in his first raid. But he is to be a man for only a short time.
Historical fiction of the great events that swept China in the spring of 1989, after the Tian An Men Square uprising.
Not every thirteen-year-old girl is accused of murder, brought to trial and found guilty ...
Yuki, a 12-year-old Japanese American girl, and her family were sent to a concentration camp in Utah. This is the story of their journey back to Berkeley, California after WWII is over.
This award-winning contemporary classic is the survival story with which all others are compared--and a page-turning, heart-stopping adventure.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.