- Table View
- List View
Classic tale featuring Tiny Tim, Ebenezer Scrooge, and the ghosts of Christmas Past, Present and Future.
In perhaps his most famous play, Ibsen is sharply critical of Victorian marriage norms
The unforgettable story of an American ambulance driver on the Italian front during World War I and his love for a beautiful English nurse.
Book Description Remarque's 1929 novel is among the finest antiwar literature written after the First World War.
The continuing love story of a Yorkshire vet and his friends and neighbors, both human and animal.
The national bestseller and the first volume in Cormac McCarthy's Border Trilogy, All the Pretty Horses is the tale of John Grady Cole, who at sixteen finds himself at the end of a long line of Texas ranchers, cut off from the only life he has ever imagined for himself.
The luminous memoir of Frank McCourt, born in Depression-era Brooklyn to recent Irish immigrants and raised in the slums of Limerick, Ireland. Frank's mother, Angela, has no money to feed the children since Frank's father, Malachy, rarely works, and when he does he drinks his wages.
George Orwell's classic satire of the Russian Revolution is an intimate part of our contemporary culture. It is the account of the bold struggle, initiated by the animals, that transforms Mr.
A teenage Jewish girl's recorded thoughts and impressions while she and her family were being hidden in a safe house during the Nazi occupation of Holland.
Powerfully portraying the clash between civic and familial duty--between morality and obedience--the play brings the Oedipus Cycle to a conclusion with the story of the tragic hero's eldest daughter Antigone, who courts her own death by defying the edict of Thebes's new ruler, her uncle Kreon.
This book provides a look into the beliefs of the North American Plain Indians.
Stories filled with wonder and the haunting beauty of his culture have helped make Rudolfo Anaya the father of Chicano literature in English, and his tales fairly shimmer with the lyric richness of his prose.
Presents humorous anecdotes from the author's childhood which includes summer vacations in Norway and an English boarding school.
Huxley's prophetic novel of natural man in an unnatural world, a profound and terrifying evocation of our future in which freedom and morality have become obsolete.
Inman, a Confederate soldier, decides to walk back to his home in the Blue Ridge Mountains and to Ada, the woman he loves.
From inside flap: Crime And Punishment takes the reader on a journey into the darkest recesses of the criminal and depraved mind, and exposes the soul of a man possessed by both good and evil
Novel about a South African pastor from a Zulu village searching for his son
Book Description Rostand's masterpiece-and the ultimate triumph of the great French romantic tradition-is the magnificent hero-for-all-seasons, Cyrano de Bergerac.
David Copperfield is the story of a young man's adventures on his journey from an unhappy and impoverished childhood to the discovery of his vocation as a successful novelist.
This deeply moving book is a father's memoir of a brave, intelligent, and spirited boy.
8 short stories: MS. Found in a Bottle; The Masque of the Red Death; The Cask of Amontillado; Ligeia; The Fall of the House of Usher; William Watson; Hop-Frog; The Imp of the Perverse
The story of a redoubtable 11-year-old orphan who overcomes adversity with humor, spunk and determination.
Futuristic story of a society which burns books, and a man who tries to change things.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.