- Table View
- List View
In 1984, London is a grim city where Big Brother is always watching you and the Thought Police can practically read your mind. Winston is a man in grave danger for the simple reason that his memory still functions.
A novel set against the back drop of the clash between cultures during British rule in India.
Owen Meany, the only child of a New Hampshire granite quarrier, believes he is God's instrument; he is. This is John Irving's most comic novel, yet Owen Meany is Mr. Irving's most heartbreaking character.
An essay written on the topic of society, women, and fiction.
Gene reflects back to his experience fifteen years ago when he and his best friend were roommates in boarding school as World War II exploded.
Book description: Love's Labours Lost is the story of Ferdinand, King of Navarre, who declares that his court will be devoted to ascetic study for three years and that women should be sworn off by the men in his court.
From inside flap: Flaubert's devastatingly realized tale of a young woman destroyed by the reckless pursuit of her romantic dreams
Moll Flanders, Defoe's 18th Century classic novel, was "marketed" in its day in much the same way that a modern commercial novel might be - its title page promised the racy details of a woman's life spent in thievery and whoredom.
A survey of classical Greek, Roman and Norse mythology based on the original writings.
A terrifying account of the Nazi death camp horror that turns a young Jewish boy into an agonized witness to the death of his family.
Description: The passionate confessions of a suffering soul; the brutal self-loathing of a tormented man; the scathing scorn of an alienated antihero who has become one of the greatest figures in all literature.
Book Description A timeless tale of a strong pioneer woman facing great challenges.
John Steinbeck tells the story of two friends who longed for a piece of land of their own.
Dicken's classic tale of orphan Oliver who escapes from the workhouse and finds himself among a den of thieves. Set in 19th century London.
[BACK COVER] "BRILLIANT!"--Times In this classic novel of the 1960's Ken Kesey's hero is Randle Patrick McMurphy, a boisterous, brawling, fun-loving rebel who swaggers into the world of a mental hos
Tragedy by Shakespeare revolving around themes of racism, jealousy, and betrayal.
Lillian Hellman, a renowned playwright, looks back and recounts the people who have affected her life.
Speech professor Henry Higgins successfully teaches Eliza Doolittle to speak and act like a duchess, but she adamantly refuses to be his creation.
Harry Angstrom was a star basketball player in high school and that was the best time of his life. Now in his mid-20s, his work is unfulfilling, his marriage is moribund, and he tries to find happiness with another woman.
Richard has fought hard in a brutal civil war. His family has won and his brother Edward is King, but Richard wants all the power and glory for himself. He will stop at nothing to place himself on the throne - not even the murder of his family.
Shakespeare's famous story of "star-crossed lovers" whose families are engaged in a bitter feud.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.