- Table View
- List View
The characteristics associated with LD, and practical teaching strategies proven to increase the success rate of students both inside and outside the classroom.
Essays discussiing the social aspects of Learning Disabilities
This is a must read for parents, teachers, professionals, or anyone who is seeking the truth from a person with Asperger Syndrome.
Written by a Washington Post reporter about his son, Mike, who has bipolar mental illness, and mental heath conditions in Virginia and Miami. Spell-binding!
Describes how to develop a ministry for the mentally retarded. Includes teaching strategies, discipline information, and other useful information.
A guidebook for those with a mobility disability, with practical information about how to adapt your home, choose a wheelchair, explore your sexuality, take care of your body.
Profiles several dozen people throughout history with various physical or mental disabilities. Additional articles provide historical background on the disability rights movement.
A text book for students in Rehabilitation Counseling classes.
Essays on people who work with disabled people.
This book is the first comprehensive exploration of the fundamental philosophical, legal, and public policy questions arising from the landmark Americans with Disabilities Act.
An overview of the history and training of assistance dogs, for children.
A provocative new twist on acceptance, these experiences of hospital horrors, rape accusations, burglary, a fistfight at a wedding, and animal voices with a cause, grab your attention. Abuse and discrimination lock horns with determination and hope.
Ten stories of women with disabilities who succeeded.
Collection of essays about attitudes and policy toward people with disabilities
Explains what physical and mental disabilities are and how people cope with them.
An ABC correspondent writes about living life and reporting in embattled outposts in a wheelchair.
see long summry.
This is a survey of exhibits and workshops in art, history, and science museums for people with various disabilities.
This is a book that examines how the society and Christianity sees people who are disabled in the church. Explores biblical implications.
A text for use in courses in rehabilitation counseling, educational psychology, and special education, also useful for practicing counselors and educators.
Citing real-world case studies from healthcare to social science, this book examines the emerging legal and cultural impact of inclusive design.
Richard Bolles's creative approach to job-hunting is brought to bear on the specific challenges faced by job hunters with disabilities.
Customized employment depends on coupling the strengths of a disabled person with the needs of potential employers.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ���DAISY Text with Images���.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.