- Table View
- List View
The characteristics associated with LD, and practical teaching strategies proven to increase the success rate of students both inside and outside the classroom.
Essays discussiing the social aspects of Learning Disabilities
This is a must read for parents, teachers, professionals, or anyone who is seeking the truth from a person with Asperger Syndrome.
Written by a Washington Post reporter about his son, Mike, who has bipolar mental illness, and mental heath conditions in Virginia and Miami. Spell-binding!
Describes how to develop a ministry for the mentally retarded. Includes teaching strategies, discipline information, and other useful information.
A guidebook for those with a mobility disability, with practical information about how to adapt your home, choose a wheelchair, explore your sexuality, take care of your body.
Profiles several dozen people throughout history with various physical or mental disabilities. Additional articles provide historical background on the disability rights movement.
A text book for students in Rehabilitation Counseling classes.
Essays on people who work with disabled people.
This book is the first comprehensive exploration of the fundamental philosophical, legal, and public policy questions arising from the landmark Americans with Disabilities Act.
An overview of the history and training of assistance dogs, for children.
A provocative new twist on acceptance, these experiences of hospital horrors, rape accusations, burglary, a fistfight at a wedding, and animal voices with a cause, grab your attention. Abuse and discrimination lock horns with determination and hope.
Ten stories of women with disabilities who succeeded.
Collection of essays about attitudes and policy toward people with disabilities
Explains what physical and mental disabilities are and how people cope with them.
An ABC correspondent writes about living life and reporting in embattled outposts in a wheelchair.
see long summry.
This is a survey of exhibits and workshops in art, history, and science museums for people with various disabilities.
This is a book that examines how the society and Christianity sees people who are disabled in the church. Explores biblical implications.
A text for use in courses in rehabilitation counseling, educational psychology, and special education, also useful for practicing counselors and educators.
Richard Bolles's creative approach to job-hunting is brought to bear on the specific challenges faced by job hunters with disabilities.
Customized employment depends on coupling the strengths of a disabled person with the needs of potential employers.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.