This book discusses best teaching practices in a fun and engaging way.
This book examines what it is like to have ADD and be in a relationship.
The contrast between eastern and western perspectives on the mind and counseling.
Black American Men Who Stutter: A Qualitative Analysis of How Communicative, Cultural and Race-Ethnic Factors Affect Identity and Lifestyleby Daniels, Derek Eugene
The purpose of this qualitative investigation was to develop an understanding of how communicative, cultural and race-ethnic factors affect the identity and lifestyle of Black American men who stutter.
In this best-seller, a staff writer for The New Yorker weighs the factors that determine good decision-making.
Using a Multiracial / Multiethnic / Multicultural Competency Building model, individuals who are dedicated to the study of psychology will learn how to provide mental health services, education, and training to the growing multicultural population.
An up-to-date summary of the current information about the psychological disorders of childhood - their causes, nature and course - together with discussion and evaluation of the major models that guide psychological thinking about the disorders.
classic psychology textbook. cognitive treatment for depression is laid out. Useful for anyone who is depressed or around a depressed person.
In Completing Your Thesis Or Dissertation, Fred Pyrczak has assembled advice and anecdotal examples from seventy-one university professors for students who are frustrated with, or fail to complete, their dissertations.
Sue and Sue's important work about counseling diverse populations.
In contrast to previous models of white therapists working with minority populations, Negy's assumes that all individuals, regardless of their group membership, have the potential to harbor negative attitudes about dissimilar others.
This volume guides mental health practitioners in conducting culturally competent, effective work with economically disadvantaged youngsters from African American, Asian American, Latino, and Native American backgrounds.
Analysis of CBT's use with multicultural populations.
Examines the impact of culture and special education.
This book will serve as an excellent primer for executives and practitioners who are about to embark on an organizational survey
Disabilities Online Services Center: Application of Computer Resources to Disability Service Programsby Ghiselli, Nina
This dissertation demonstrates how services to students with disabilities can be increased through an online service entitled Disabilities Online Services Center (DOSC).
Explores disability in the Muslim faith, highlighting both the difficulties and successes that Muslims with disabilities experience as they seek access to the opportunity to live a meaningful life.
This study developed a new measure, the Disability-Specific Hassles Scale(DSHS) to aid in identifying stressors and examining their impact on psychological well-being.
Psychological aspects of environmentalism.
The circumplex model of emotions has been an extremely valuable paradigm for understanding personality, psychopathology, and interpersonal relations over the past 30 years.
Evaluator Competencies, based on research by the International Board of Standards for Training, Performance, and Instruction, identifies the competencies needed for evaluating organizational settings.
Book discusses negotiation skills in a user friendly way. Applies to multiple disciplines and personal issues.
Professionals, students, and researchers now have a handy reference on topics that are germane to the understanding of Asian Americans.
Discusses different theories to us in psychological case formulation
Offers an integrative and constructive view of the client as the primary agent of change in psychotherapy. Covers the spectrum, including difficult and despairing clients. For therapists and residents.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.