As the reader takes Jean Lau Chin's guided tours through myth and cultural history, it is clear that these stories are more than entertainment: They represent cultural messages about living as a woman.
Feminist scholar Margaret Cruikshank looks at a variety of different forces affecting the progress of aging including fears and taboos, multicultural traditions, and the medicalization and politicization of natural processes.
Offers a fundamental understanding of the narrative approach to therapy and illustrates some of the potential applications of the technique.
This engaging collection of essays, culled from the Bioneers Conference, explores the possibilities for eco-consciousness to infiltrate and transform the industrial economy.
Helps readers understand and combat racism in themselves. It defines racism not only as extreme acts of hatred, but as "any attitude, action or institutional structure or social policy that subordinates a person or group because of their color."
Overcoming Unintentional Racism in Counseling and Therapy: A Practitioner's Guide to Intentional Interventionby Ridley, Charles R.
Discusses how individuals can learn how to confront their racist attitudes and become allies.
How to review and synthesize research reports for academic writing such as a thesis or dissertation.
Principles of Rorschach Interpretation is a textbook that integrates the basic ingredients of structural, thematic, behavioral, and sequence analysis.
This study sought to determine the types of barriers students who are blind face in their psychology graduate programs.
The authors discuss different issues related to research with Latino populations.
Responding to his students' wishes, Swami Muktananda's series of talks and informal dialogues on spiritual practices and truths includes many of his favorite teaching stories.
Introduces the major ideas of chaos theory. Shows how they can be used metaphorically in day to day living.
Explores various issues that impact African American women. Excellent resource for women of color or friends, partners and professionals of African American women.
The booklet is designed to help learning disabled (LD) adults become economically independent and fulfill their potential.
Students with Learning Disabilities at Graduate and Professional School: A Program and Strategies for Successby Antonoff, Stanley J.
Examines strategies students with LD need in graduate school.
Shell offers an impressive if challenging memoir-cum-treatise on the contributions of stuttering to the arts and beyond.
Laying the groundwork for a successful semester starts with the first day of class. The author tells that the first day is not the day to pass out a syllabus and let everyone go. Rather, it's the day to set the context for the rest of the semester.
A summary of current knowledge about sources of error in surveys for those who are not primarily statisticians or methodologists.
Jensen explores topics such as motivation, critical thinking skills, environmental factors, the "social brain," emotions, and memory and recall.
The study attempted to understand the phenomenon of a gay subculture of men who call themselves bears.
This kit is intended to help psychologists, counselors, marriage and family therapists, social workers, psychiatrists, and other psychotherapists and mental health professionals.
To help fellow psychotherapists stay sane by covering what wasn't taught in school, Cozolino (Pepperdine U., CA) offers advice based on his extensive clinical experience.
This book highlights the limitations of traditional psychological theories and approaches when applied to African descent people.
Author with Learning Disabilities explores the world of disability.
Scientist and ecological philosopher, Fritjof Capra questions many fundamental assumptions of our civilization.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.