- Table View
- List View
Winner of the Pulitzer Prize, the National Book Award, and the National Book Critics Circle Award The hero of John Updike's Rabbit, Run, ten years after the events of Rabbit Redux, has come to enjoy considerable prosperity as the chief sales
This is a novel about a painful childhood, divorced parents and separation from a friend. The author's descriptions help us to understand pain, anxiety and many other emotions of human life.
An investigation into the tactics of the House committee on Un-american Activities, specifically focusing on the selection of Hollywood radicals who were encouraged to submit names.
Computers have changed since 1981, when Tracy Kidder memorably recorded the drama, comedy, and excitement of one company's efforts to bring a new microcomputer to market.
Plains Song is a novel which brilliantly describes the Nebraska plains and portrays three generations of women.
NATIONAL BESTSELLERWinner of the Pulitzer PrizeWhen The Stories of John Cheever was originally published, it became an immediate national bestseller and won the Pulitzer Prize. In the years since, it has become a classic.
The author chronicles the lives of three generations of Chinese men in America, woven from memory, myth and fact. Here's a storyteller's tale of what they endured in a strange new land.
Portrays the life of a man who strives to be "a proper cowboy" despite radical changes which have propelled the Old West into a New Southwest characterized by industrialized agribusiness. --amazon.com
Winner of the National Book Award for Poetry in 1981.
The Right Stuff is Tom Wolfe's deft account of a cast of heroes, introduced to America with the explosion of space
pilgrimage to Nepal to study Himalayan blue sheep, and find the Lama of Shey at ancient Buddhist shrine on Crystal Mountain.
"To call Going After Cacciato a novel about war is like calling Moby-Dick a novel about whales." So wrote The New York Times of Tim O'Brien's now classic novel of Vietnam.
The story tells the political, social, psychological and anthropological aspects of American and European expatriates who took refugee in an ancient Turkish city. Winner of the 1978 National Book Award.
Joe Allston is a retired literary agent. His parents and only son are dead. He passes through his life passively, feeling like a spectator. Upon reviewing old journals of a trip he took to his mother's birthplace, his outlook on life changes.
Gaddis criticizes capitalism through the tale of an eleven-year-old boy who creates a market bubble by ordering some Army surplus materials.
In Saigon during the waning days of the Vietnam War, a small-time journalist named John Converse thinks he'll find action - and profit - by getting involved in a big-time drug deal. But back in the States, things go horribly wrong for him.
Aaron Benham should be working on his new book called The Hair of Harold Roux, but instead he is driven by his internal demons to engage in risky behaviors. A lost classic of fiction.
Set in World War II, this complex novel is about a man THEY are determined to destroy.
A Crown of Feathers and Other Storiesby Singer, Isaac Bashevis
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.