- Table View
- List View
This deliciously crafted memoir is the story of a life determined, enhanced, and defined in equal measure by a passion for food, unforgettable people, and the love of tales well told.
Suspenseful, comic, and profoundly moving, the latest novel in Armistead Maupin's Tales of the City series follows one of modern literature's most beloved and indelible characters--Anna Madrigal, the transgender landlady of 28 Barbary Lane--as she
On a spring morning in 1951, eleven-year-old chemist and aspiring detective Flavia de Luce gathers with her family at the railway station, awaiting the return of her long-lost mother, Harriet.
Brace yourself for the battle of the exes.... Hayden and Nick used to be a hot item, but their brief affair ended with a highly publicized breakup. Now the two are "just friends," excluding the occasional flirtation.
The Loudest Voice in the Room: How the Brilliant, Bombastic Roger Ailes Built Fox News--and Divided a Countryby Sherman, Gabriel
A deeply reported journey inside the secretive world of Fox News and the life of its combative, visionary founder. When Rupert Murdoch enlisted Roger Ailes to launch a cable news network in 1996, American politics and media changed forever.
An international sensation, this hilarious, feel-good novel is narrated by an oddly charming and socially challenged genetics professor on an unusual quest: to find out if he is capable of true love.
From Nancy Horan, New York Times bestselling author of Loving Frank, comes her much-anticipated second novel, which tells the improbable love story of Scottish writer Robert Louis Stevenson and his tempestuous American wife, Fanny.
There's always one more grave to digLately, life has been unnaturally calm for vampires Cat Crawfield and her husband, Bones.
A bestseller that takes readers on a journey to New York of the Belle Epoque, where Peter Lake attempts to rob a Manhattan mansion only to find the daughter of the house at home.
IN 2014, EVERY BABY BOOMER WILL HAVE REACHED THE MILESTONE AGE OF FIFTY. FOR MOST, IT'S NOT AN END BUT THE BEGINNING OF SOMETHING NEW. This is the awakening of a generation to the opportunities that lie ahead.
Picturesque Kentucky Lake is the perfect place for a soul in search of safe harbor. A beautiful stranger has arrived--desperate, breathless, and on the run from a dark past closing in on her and the younger siblings she has vowed to protect. Donovan must now draw on every resource at his disposal--if he wants to save a woman and the children who may prove to be his destiny.
The "First Lady of the West," #1 New York Times bestselling author Linda Lael Miller delivers the stunning finale of her acclaimed series set in Parable, Montana-where love awaits Self-made tycoon Landry Sutton heads to Hangman Bend's Ranch to sell
Ladies On Fire Myra Rutledge isn't ready to mothball the Sisterhood just yet.
In #1 New York Times bestseller Lisa Gardner's latest pulse-pounding thriller, Detective D. D. Warren must face a new fear as a serial killer terrorizes Boston.
The Presidential Agent adventures return in the most harrowing novel yet in the #1 New York Times bestselling series.
After three acclaimed novels, Gary Shteyngart turns to memoir in a candid, witty, deeply poignant account of his life so far.
When Karl Norwood's mail-order bride meets an untimely demise on the way to the Montana Territory, Hetty Wentworth steps in to take her place. Hetty has no idea how she's going to pretend to be all the things she isn't--including the mother of two kids.
A riveting, revelatory, and moving account of the author's struggles with anxiety, and of the history of efforts by scientists, philosophers, and writers to understand the condition As recently as thirty-five years ago, anxiety did not exist as a
WINNER OF THE NATAN BOOK AWARD. An authoritative and deeply personal narrative history of the State of Israel, by one of the most influential journalists writing about the Middle East today. Not since Thomas L.
Facing her future as a single mother, psychic Realtor Melanie Middleton is determined to be strong and leave her past with writer Jack Trenholm behind her. But history has a tendency of catching up with Melanie, whether she likes it or not.
From the New York Times bestselling author of Dream Eyes and Copper Beach, a brand-new quintessential Jayne Ann Krentz romance.
STONE BARRINGTON'S NEWEST client does not seem the type to bring mayhem in his wake. A polite; well-deported gentleman, he comes to Stone seeking legal expertise on an unusual-- and potentially lucrative--dilemma. Stone points him in the right direction and sends him on his way, but it's soon clear Stone hasn't seen the end of the case.
One woman undertakes a worldwide search to learn the secrets of a great marriage--and finds one foundational truth that could change everything.
Hetty "Handful" Grimke is an urban slave in early nineteenth century Charleston. Sarah is Handful's master's daughter. On Sarah's eleventh birthday, she is given ownership of ten year old Handful. The novel follows their remarkable journeys over the next thirty five years, as both strive for a life of their own, dramatically shaping each other's destinies and forming a complex relationship marked by guilt, defiance, estrangement and the uneasy ways of love.
At the same time Adolf Hitler was attempting to take over the western world, his armies were methodically seeking and hoarding the finest art treasures in Europe.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.