- Table View
- List View
Dave Robicheaux was once a Louisiana homicide cop. Now he's trying to start a new life, opening up a fishing business and caring for his adopted girl, Alafair.
Inspector Rostnikov has irritated the KGB one too many times. Demoted to the MVD, he has been sent to Siberia to investigate the murder of a minor official.
With the roar of thunder and the speed of a galloping horse comes the tide to Mont St. Michel goes the old nursery song.
In this classic, a niece investigates the shocking secrets that condemned her once proud family
A beautifully crafted story about murder, and evil that is perhaps worse than murder. You will not find a more sympathetic murderer in all of literature. The author expertly leads to a conclusion that is both satisfying and disturbing.
When Ben Dill, an investigator for a Senate Subcommittee, gets a call from his home town telling him that his sister, a homicide detective, died in a car bomb explosion, he puts his investigator skills to work to find who killed her and why.
Joe LaBrava first fell in love with femme fatale movie queen Jean Shaw in a darkened theater when he was twelve. Now he's finally meeting his dream woman in the flesh, albeit in a rundown Miami crisis center.
Winner of the Edgar Award. Doc Adams becomes a self-styled investigator in this mystery, which leads him from a murder on Billingsgate Shoal to an arms-smuggling ring.
Newscaster Pam Barrett witnesses a peregrine falcon, on a signal by her falconer, swoop down from the sky and kill a young woman. Her TV account of it excites the falconer and killing follows killing.
Ex-jockey and private investigator Sid Halley is approached by the wife of an elite racehorse trainer, who begs his help in figuring out why her husband's most promising horses have been performing so poorly.
The Rheingold Routeby Maling, Arthur
Contains three books in 1: Maigret in Exile by Georges Simenon, The Rheingold Route by Arthur Mating, and Murder of Miranda by Margaret Millar
One enemy spy knows the secret to the Allies' greatest deception, a brilliant aristocrat and ruthless assassin -- code name: "The Needle" -- who holds the key to ultimate Nazi victory.
Catch Me: Kill Meby Hallahan, William H.
The kidnapping by Soviet U.N. officials of defected Russian poet Boris Kotiikoff sets off a flurry of searches by defensive U.S. government officials, CIA hatchet man Gus Geller, and dogged immigration and naturalization agent Ben Leary
I had been urban-renewed right out of my office and had to move. The previous tenant had been a fortune teller.
Bored with retirement, an ex-spy challenges his old agency to a game...
The IRA attempts to steal treasures from the Vatican but their plans go horribly wrong.
Two Native-American boys have vanished into thin air, leaving a pool of blood behind them.
The Lingala Codeby Kiefer, Warren
One man with a rifle who can change the course of history. One man whose mission is so secretive not even his employers know his name...
Eight bus riders are killed and a ninth critically injured in an apparently motiveless crime. But the killer has managed to target one of Beck's best detectives -- and he, surely, would not have been riding that lethal bus without a reason.
Winner of the Edgar Allan Poe Mystery Prize for best crime story of 1969, this is another classic Dick Francis mystery set at the racetrack.
When one doctor is accused of murder, it takes another to set him free In the tightly knit world of Boston medicine, the Randall family reigns supreme. When heart surgeon J. D.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.