- Table View
- List View
A narrative poem about the western migration of the pioneers, first as they came to America, and then as they spread out through America toward the West.
The fifth novel in the World's End Series. As Hitler rises to power, a manhunt begins for the main character, Lanny Budd.
Telling the story of the greatest sailor of them all, "Admiral of the Ocean Sea" is a vivid and definitive biography of Columbus that details all of his voyages that, for better or worse, changed the world.
A woman steals her sister's husband and succeeds in ruining several lives, revealing the differences between generations of her troubled family. (Pulitzer winner)
Classic tale of the Okie migration to California during the Great Depression.
A boy, growing up in the wilds of Florida, is forced to face the hard realities of life.
This novel gives us-through the story of one family and its patriarch, the recently deceased George Apley-the portrait of an entire society in transition.
An anniversary edition of Margaret Mitchell's timeless classic.
In this epic work by award-winning novelist, poet, and essayist H.L. Davis, the virtues of the frontier live again in the lives and characters of Oregon settlers during the homesteading period from 1906-1908.
Originally published in 1934, author's first novel, about a middle-class family driven into poverty by the Depression, won the Pulitzer Prize and drew clamorous praise. Certainly even after many decades, its characterizations ring remarkably true.
A young couple begins their married lives on the eve of the Civil War in this story of the poor people of the American South who never owned a slave nor planned to fight a war.
A candid inquiry into the policies & personalities of America's presidents, sweeping away popular misconceptions. A U. S. history as seen from the White House.
The Storeby Stribling, T. S.
Story by the Nobel Prize winning author about an honest farmer Wang Lung and his selfless wife O-lan in pre-revolutionary China.
Pringle's Pulitzer Prize-winning biography not only chronicles the incidents that shaped Roosevelt's career but also offers insight into the character and mind of this colorful American president.
There can't be understanding between two generations. Love and sympathy, but never understanding. We must take our children's ideas on faith. We can never make them our own
The story of a silversmith, Laughing Boy, who falls in love with an American educated Navajo girl.
General Sam Houston as a national rather than a sectional figure.
Scarlet Sister Maryby Peterkin, Julia
The breaking of a bridge causes the death of five people. Brother Juniper investigates their past lives to shed light on the reasons of their deaths.
The history of the American orchestra.
Analysis of how our scholarship developed.
Olivia exists in a loveless marriage to Anson, the authority on his aristocratic family's history. A well-kept secret discovered by his addled mother and Olivia could uproot the Pentland family tree.
A story of a visionary, a man of great energy and purpose, courage and dedication, who never loses hope, even in the face of personal tragedy. Afterword by E. L. Doctorow.
Winner of the 1924 Pulitzer Prize, So Big is widely regarded as Edna Ferber's crowning achievement.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.