This report documents and analyzes the continuing violence by all parties to the conflict, obstacles to return and to the reversal of ethnic cleansing.
This report documents human rights violations since Shari'a-or Islamic law-was introduced to cover criminal law in 12 northern states.
This report, based on research conducted in southeast and eastern Afghanistan in 2003 and early 2004, focuses on how U.S. forces arrest and detain persons in Afghanistan.
This report looks specifically at non-violent activists who have been arrested under two groups of articles in the Indonesian Criminal Code that criminalize "sowing hate" against the government.
The growing HIV/AIDS epidemic in the Dominican Republic is unfolding in the context of entrenched inequality between men and women and significant levels of high-risk behavior.
This report documents violations of human rights and humanitarian law since the Indonesian government imposed martial law in Aceh on May 19.
This report documents violations of press freedom in Aceh after the Indonesian government on May 19 declared a state of military emergency in the province and renewed its war.
This report documents Malaysia's deportations of refugees and asylum seekers from Aceh and the mistreatment of Acehnese refugees while in Malaysia.
This report examines the Indian government's response to the tsunami and documents several systemic and potentially enduring failures.
This report provides the first comprehensive look at the pervasive abuses foreign workers endure in Saudi Arabia.
In this report Human Rights Watch charged that U.S. and British authorities failed to plan for or provide adequate forces to carry out their international legal obligation as the occupying power.
This report identifies some 60 individuals, mostly alleged Islamist militants of Egyptian origin, whom other states rendered to Egypt since 1994.
This report covers workers' rights in the U.S. meat and poultry industry.
This report evaluates developments at the U.N.-backed court for war crimes in Sierra Leone, identifying achievements and making recommendations where operations should be improved.
This report describes the plight of displaced Croatian Serbs and urges that progress on return be made a condition of Croatia's application to join the European Union.
An anti-drug crackdown by the Vancouver Police Department has driven injection drug users away from life-saving HIV prevention services, raising fears of a new wave of HIV transmission.
This report documents the increasing frustration of thousands of displaced Kurds and other non-Arabs, who are living in desperate conditions as they await a resolution of their property claims.
This report examines the record of state authorities in holding perpetrators accountable and providing humanitarian relief to victims of state-supported massacres of Muslims in Gujarat.
Country on a Precipice: The Precarious State of Human Rights and Civilian Protection in Côte d'Ivoireby Watch, Human Rights
This report documents recent military incidents that demonstrate the precariousness of the situation in Côte d'Ivoire.
This report documents children in northern Brazil who are routinely beaten by police and detained in abusive conditions.
This report documents how Sudanese government forces have overseen and directly participated in massacres, and the forcible depopulation of wide the Fur, Masalit and Zaghawa ethnic groups.
This report documents how government inaction and misinformation from high-level officials have undermined the effectiveness of South Africa's program to help rape survivors.
This report documents how judges, doctors and health workers prevent women from making independent reproductive decisions in violation of women's internationally recognized human rights.
This report details the problems many Chinese citizens face as they are evicted from their homes, sometimes violently, by state and private actors.
Egyptian women are at a distinct disadvantage in access to divorce for no reason other than that they are women.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.