- Table View
- List View
This report documents treatment in detention in a number of facilities in Iran. Among these, Evin Prison is the most well-known and holds many political detainees.
Morocco's campaign against suspected Islamist militants is undermining the significant human rights progress the country has made in recent years.
This report documents cases of electoral violence in 2003. It concentrates on incidents which occurred during the election period in April and May 2003.
This report examines domestic work by children who work in other people's households, including the households of relatives.
This report is the first examination of "one strike" policies in public housing. These policies automatically exclude applicants with certain criminal records.
This report provides evidence of extrajudicial killings, arbitrary arrests and other human rights violations by Thai authorities.
This briefing paper, based on research conducted in Thailand in November and December 2003, outlines recent developments in Thai policy towards Burmese refugees and migrants.
Policy Paralysis: A Call For Action On HIV/AIDS-Related Human Rights Abuses Against Women And Girls In Africaby Watch, Human Rights
Violence and discrimination against women and girls is fueling Africa's AIDS crisis. This report documents human rights abuses that women and girls suffer at each stage of their lives.
This report details government harassment of Kazakhstan's opposition through arbitrary criminal and threats of job dismissal, aimed at preventing them from running for public office.
Positively Abandoned: Stigma and Discrimination against HIV-Positive Mothers and their Children in Russiaby Watch, Human Rights
This report focuses on the discrimination that these women face, as do their children, many of whom are abandoned to the care of the state.
This reports documents gang-rapes, beatings and abductions by both police officers and powerful criminals known as mastans. Bangladesh is stoking an emerging AIDS epidemic with violent police abuse.
This report examines how new law will make judges more vulnerable to political persecution and help ensure that legal controversies surrounding the recall referendum are resolved in Chávez's favor.
This report examines aspects of Spain's antiterrorism regime that give rise to violations of Spain's obligations under international human rights law.
The Indian government is failing to protect the rights of hundreds of thousands of children who toil as virtual slaves in the country's silk industry.
Some Transparency, No Accountability: The Use of Oil Revenue in Angola and Its Impact on Human Rightsby Watch, Human Rights
The Angolan government has consistently mismanaged its substantial oil revenues and, despite rhetorical commitments, has yet to demonstrate a meaningful commitment to reform.
This report documents arbitrary arrest and detention, ill treatment, and looting by Russian forces against displaced Chechens in Ingushetia as the brutality of the conflict in Chechnya spills over.
This report documents cases of torture committed by military, intelligence, and security agents in the government's pursuit of armed rebels.
This report documents the growing practice among Western governments of seeking assurances of humane treatment in order to transfer terrorism suspects to states with records of torture.
This report details how much money was generated by oil, how much disappeared from public coffers, and how this shortfall undermined Angolans' civil, political, economic, social and cultural rights.
This 58-page report investigates the persistent weaknesses in the Rwandan legal system that hamper the investigation and prosecution of sexual violence.
This report provides detailed eyewitness accounts of how soldiers and police killed people in cold blood during the "Miss World" riots in Kaduna.
This report recounts the plight of almost one hundred thousand citizens and residents of both Ethiopia and Eritrea countries who were uprooted and deprived of their nationality.
The International Criminal Court: How Nongovernmental Organizations Can Contribute To the Prosecution of War Criminalsby Watch, Human Rights
The International Criminal Court (ICC) is a permanent international tribunal created for the prosecution of crimes against humanity, genocide, and war crimes.
This report documents the recent removal of critical HIV/AIDS information from primary school curricula, including information about condoms, safer sex and the risks of HIV in marriage.
This report provides the first independent documentation of how the Iraqi government suppressed the Shi`a uprising after the 1991 Persian Gulf war.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.