- Table View
- List View
This report details serious and widespread human rights violations by Iraqi police against national security suspects, including insurgents, and suspected common criminals since late 2003.
This report provides detailed accounts of killings and other abuses by the O'odua People's Congress since the government of President Olusegun Obasanjo came to power in 1999.
The Philippine government's inadequate HIV-prevention policies put at grave risk large numbers of men, women and children who could contract this incurable disease.
This report examines how the Bush administration adopted a deliberate policy of permitting illegal interrogation techniques - and then spent two years covering up or ignoring reports of torture.
This report documents how violence in Nigeria's southern Delta State, especially during the state and federal elections, resulted in hundreds of deaths and the destruction of hundreds of homes.
Algerian security forces made "disappear" at least 7,000 persons, more than the number recorded in any other country during the past decade except wartime Bosnia.
This report examines the "disappearances" commission announced in September by President Abdelaziz Bouteflika of Algeria.
This report documents how the Tunisian authorities continue to hold as many as 40 of the country's more than 500 political prisoners in long-term isolation in prisons.
The Chilean government's recourse to anti-terrorism statutes to deal with organized Mapuche communities has brought restrictions on due process rights that are not justified by the alleged offenses.
This report challenges the U.S. military's assertion that its troops came under direct fire from individuals in the crowd of protesters on April 28.
This report extensively documents the underlying links between disregard for human rights and unsound forestry practices.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.