- Table View
- List View
This report details serious and widespread human rights violations by Iraqi police against national security suspects, including insurgents, and suspected common criminals since late 2003.
This report provides detailed accounts of killings and other abuses by the O'odua People's Congress since the government of President Olusegun Obasanjo came to power in 1999.
The Philippine government's inadequate HIV-prevention policies put at grave risk large numbers of men, women and children who could contract this incurable disease.
This report examines how the Bush administration adopted a deliberate policy of permitting illegal interrogation techniques - and then spent two years covering up or ignoring reports of torture.
This report documents how violence in Nigeria's southern Delta State, especially during the state and federal elections, resulted in hundreds of deaths and the destruction of hundreds of homes.
Algerian security forces made "disappear" at least 7,000 persons, more than the number recorded in any other country during the past decade except wartime Bosnia.
This report examines the "disappearances" commission announced in September by President Abdelaziz Bouteflika of Algeria.
This report documents how the Tunisian authorities continue to hold as many as 40 of the country's more than 500 political prisoners in long-term isolation in prisons.
The Chilean government's recourse to anti-terrorism statutes to deal with organized Mapuche communities has brought restrictions on due process rights that are not justified by the alleged offenses.
This report challenges the U.S. military's assertion that its troops came under direct fire from individuals in the crowd of protesters on April 28.
This report extensively documents the underlying links between disregard for human rights and unsound forestry practices.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ���DAISY Text with Images���.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.