- Table View
- List View
A small book of poems dedicated to Don Hathaway and copyrighted in 1953
The editors and contributors of this book provide an examination of the clinical and functional perspectives of low vision. New to the second edition are revisions in all areas, state-of-the-art technology, a reorganization to examine in more depth the needs of individuals in different age ranges, new charts, certification requirements for low vision therapists, and information on pathology, early development, and discussion of the relationship between the vision and the brain.
In this landmark work of history, the National Book Award--winning author of American Sphinx explores how a group of greatly gifted but deeply flawed individuals--Hamilton, Burr, Jefferson, Franklin, Washington, Adams, and Madison--confronted the overwhelming challenges before them to set the course for our nation.
Cokie Roberts's number one New York Times bestseller, We Are Our Mothers' Daughters, examined the nature of women's roles throughout history and led USA Today to praise her as a "custodian of time-honored values.
Graphic explanations of 70 successful activities for children and adults who have sensory impairment. These can be modified to accommodate the students' abilities and can be used for people without disabilities.
Get Out of My Life But First Could You Drive Me and Cheryl to the Mall? A Parent's Guide to the New Teenagerby Wolf, Anthony E.
A parents guide to the new teenager
Bring back the pleasure of reading, readJeff Shaarain Large Print. All Random House Large Print Editions are published in a 16-point typeface.
Mara Faulkner grew up in a family shaped by Irish ancestry, a close-to-the-bone existence in rural North Dakota, and the secret of her father's blindness--along with the silence and shame surrounding it.
Hadley offers courses free of charge to its blind and visually impaired students and their families and affordable tuition courses to blindness professionals.
Hadley Course catalog for the Family Education Program 2008-2009.
Here is a concise guide with information about living in Hong Kong. There are even tips about gift giving, gift receiving, tipping, dining, funerals and weddings.
Funny and sometimes serious look at blindness, loosing one's vision, and learning to adapt.
This is a wonderful resource for blind-deaf individuals and those who interact with them. It covers such topics as communication methods, independence at home, telephones, travel hints and much more.
Craig MacFarlane is the world's greatest blind athlete and a motivational speaker. His message is PRIDE -- Perseverance, Respect, Individuality, Desire and Enthusiasm.
Richard Bolles's creative approach to job-hunting is brought to bear on the specific challenges faced by job hunters with disabilities.
12 case studies of blind people and their occupations.
In this powerful, epic biography, David McCullough unfolds the adventurous life-journey of John Adams, the brilliant, fiercely independent, often irascible, always honest Yankee patriot -- "the colossus of independence," as Thomas Jefferson called
The book consists of 13 chapters and three leadership skills sections integrated into the text. The authors draw upon three different types of literature--empirical studies; interesting anecdotes, stories and findings; and leadership skills--to create a text that is personally relevant, interesting, and scholarly.
Les Miserables is the great epic masterpiece of the mid-nineteenth century.
Guidance for Your Journey Sometimes, God's Word is like candlelight that warms and comforts. Other times, it is a red flashing light that protects. Often, it's a spotlight that exposes your need.
Millions of Americans have a significant level of vision impairment. This book is an extensive sourcebook for all topics, including medical, concerning blindness.
Dr. Lylas Mogk has a unique personal and professional understanding of AMD. This book explains how to successfully manage and limit its effect on a person's life.
This invaluable guide to living well with vision loss is the perfect blend of abundant factual material and real-life experience.
This handbook helps answer the important questions regarding deciding to partner with a guide dog.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.