- Table View
- List View
Millicent was born into a Southern world of privilege, money, homesteads, servants, family tradition, and pride. The halcyon days of her childhood left Millicent ill-prepared for the tragedy that would stalk her family and almost destroy it.
Most people would wallow in self pity and ask "Why me?" This courageous woman asked "Why not me?" Read her inspirational story.
My Path Leads to Tibet: The Inspiring Story of How One Young Blind Woman Brought Hope to the Blind Children of Tibetby Tenberken, Sabriye
How a blind woman from Germany started a school for blind children in Tibet.
The autobiography of the first legally blind athlete to compete in the Olympic Games
Imagine a blind person water-skiing, golfing, running a marathon, and even diving. Harry Cordello did not let his blindness limit his activity. Instead he asked himself "Why not"?
Explains a 10-step process to overcome either the employer's or employee's barriers such as criminal record, lack of education, immigration, etc.
No Ordinary Time is a monumental work, a brilliantly conceived chronicle of one of the most vibrant and revolutionary periods in the history of the United States.
A true story of an incredible woman who was not about to be held back by the challenges of becoming blind and deaf before she completed high school. Not only does Geraldine Lawhorn live a full life, but she also continues to help others.
Andrew Potok is an intense, vigorous, sensual man--and a gifted painter. Then, passing forty, he rapidly begins to go blind from an inherited eye disease, retinitis pigmentosa.
This book provides more than 275 job descriptions with information on each job's pay, growth, openings, education level, and skills needed.
This book teaches about three different areas of science: life science, physical science, and earth science. You will learn about living things, including plants and animals. You will study motion and forces, such as those that affect a thrown baseball and a roller coaster racing along on its track. You will come to better understand the features of the Earth, including its oceans and moon.
This story is set in Kansas during the 1930's as four "just a little ornery" boys grow up together. Since there is no TV to occupy their time, they learn how to amuse themselves.
At once an incredible adventure narrative and a penetrating biographical portrait,The River of Doubtis the true story of Theodore Roosevelt's harrowing exploration of one of the most dangerous rivers on earth.
A book about the period of personal adjustments that accompany the loss of vision.
This elegantly written book offers an unexpected and unprecidented accout of blindness and sight.
In this sequel to "Little by Little," Ms. Little continues sharing her life story.
The booktells the story of the author's life without sight,a memoir that recalls the activities that brought him international acclaim as a scientist, policymaker, and advocate.
Here is guidance for blind job seekers.
Instructions on how to perform various mathematical operations using the Cranmer abacus
The book that changed the consciousness of a country -- and the world.
A social, economic, political and cultural history of the post-World-War II period which impacted the decade of turbulence that followed.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.