Savvy shoppers can get the very best for the lowest possible price - all from reputable dealers who stand behind their merchandise.
Fed up with the high tolls charged by your ordinary telephone service? If you're itching to cut the copper cord with your costly, traditional phone service, you need Talk is Cheap, the new, easy-to-understand guide to understanding and using Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) and other Internet telephone options.
Thrifty living can become a fascinating way of life. The thrifty person learns to look out for opportunities to save money at home, at work, at play and while traveling, relaxing and shopping. As you become more skilled at being thrifty, there is enormous satisfaction, not just in the savings made, but in the ability to spot and exploit the opportunities.
The Art of Regifting: Your ABC's Guide to Regifting, The Do's and Don'ts, Urban Legends and Folk Loreby Bitela, Barbara
Have you ever wondered what to do with that gift you just can't use or don't want. how can you gracefully and tactfully regift it to someone who might appreciate it. Find out...
Seniors, Middle-Age, and Retirement
Easy Things to Make--To Make Things Easy: Simple Do-It-Yourself Home Modifications for Older People and Others with Physical Limitationsby Greenstein, Doreen
The newest addition to Dr. Greenstein's practical how-to-do-it series for individuals with physical limitations.
This updated edition of his compendium of advice, interviews, and exemplar cases includes coverage of finances, lifestyle choices, and coping strategies as well as new health research and information about how to prepare for retirement while still in midlife.
This book provides solid strategies on how to quit work early and with enough money for a long and comfortable retirement.
It's time to get serious about all that's been going over your head for the past 20 years about things like Roth IRAs, 401(k)s, and mutual funds. You're lucky; you have options
How can you provide a financially sound future for your loved ones while avoiding estate planning or even making a will? Are you unsure about how to effectively plan for the disposition of your assets?
INSURANCE. You have to have it, but do you really know what you have? It is the one purchase that you hope never to use, but when you do, it is all too common to learn that what you thought was covered is not.
Covering such topics as investment advice, trusts vs. wills, joint tenancy and gifting, durable power of attorney for health care, long-term care insurance, and early retirement, Suze Orman puts together financial advice in the friendliest, most caring, and dramatic way ever, using stories of real people to demonstrate her points.
Solving Financial Difficulties
Leonard is an attorney and the author or co-author of many of Nolo's personal finance books. Written in plain English, his text explains how to get out of debt, set up a realistic budget, and rebuild "bad" credit.
Credit Scores, Credit Cards: How Consumer Finance Works: How to Avoid Mistakes and How to Manage Your Accounts Wellby Editors of Silver Lake Publishing
Provides timely and valuable information on how consumer credit works in the U.S. and how to improve your credit.
Based on the proven techniques of the national Debtors Anonymous program, a step-by-step guide to getting out of debt once and for all. Revised from the 1988 edition.
Readers learn how to trade bad debt for good debt and maximize credit in this step-by-step guide. The author also shares the details on the fastest ways to wipe out bad debt and simple strategies to maximize one's credit rating.
The Complete Guide to Credit Repair written in a simple, straightforward tone is packed with up-to-date information on a topic that millions of people face everyday.
Students, Teens, and Young Professionals
Drawing on insider advice from a roundtable of college administrators and financial planners, Cut College Costs NOW!
Learn about handling your money early so you won't end up in debt! Guide for teens.
Jason is typical of today's college students, who are assuming unprecedented debt burdens because of relaxed limits on student loans and easily obtained credit cards. Many on college campuses are calling it a fiscal crisis.
If you're like most 18- to 34-year-olds, you're drowning in debt. Student loans, credit cards, car payments, rent-sometimes it seems like the whole system's conspiring to keep you broke. Now it's payback time.
A financial guide aimed squarely at "Generation Debt"--and their anxious parents--from the country's most trusted and dynamic source on money matters. You've got student-loan debt that is a multiple of your entry-level salary.
Even you -- yes, you -- can learn to cook simple, filling, nutritious, and delicious meals. Inexpensive, too! Here's the cookbook that shows you how!
Features recipes for food, drinks and snacks.
A twenty-something's guide to developing skills that are crucial to staying sane and building a career.
Talks to kids about how budgets work and how to save and earn money to get what you want.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.