Career Assessment and Choosing a Job
Career Quest is packed with practical tips, emotional support and spiritual techniques for readers employed or unemployed--seeking meaningful, energizing work. This book shows you how to:
If you enjoy a particular sport or activity, it's most likely that you are good at it. The same applies to work. If you enjoy your job you will be better motivated and, as a result, perform better.
Career planning advice, includes discussion of the right job for different personalities and resumes
Is your career path unclear? Are you stuck in a job you hate? Don't worry! Now revised and updated, this friendly guide helps you think outside the box and find a job you'll actually like.
Do What You Are: Discover The Perfect Career For You Through The Secrets Of Personality Type (3rd Edition)by Barron-Tieger, Barbara and Tieger, Paul D.
Do What You Are has already helped more than half a million people find truly satisfying work. After helping you discover your Personality Type, it provides real-life case studies of people who...
Finding a Career That Works for You will become a treasured guide for people who are in the process of choosing a career and finding a job. Wilma Fellman helps readers better understand their...
By emphasizing why lifelong learning is an essential skill for career planning, Investigating Your Career helps students in grades 7 and 8 make the most of their future high school years.
Eager to find a career you'll love? Don't fret and sweat. Overnight Career Choice comes to the rescue. Discover your best career fit quickly and enjoy career success and satisfaction for years to come.
The best book on the market to help you figure out who you are, what you enjoy doing, and what you want to do with your life.
Our inner emotional lives - who we really are - deeply influence the choices we make at work. Unfortunately, most of us never realize the profound effect exploring our inner selves can have on our
You don't have to stifle your creative impulses to pay the bills. For anyone who's ever been told, "Don't quit your day job," career counselor Carol Eikleberry is here to say, "Pursue your dreams!
The Play of Your Life: Your Program for Finding the Career of Your Dreams--And a Step-by-Step Guide to Making It a Realityby Sabatino, Colleen A.
...In The Play of Your Life, Colleen Sabatino provides a unique two-step program to help readers both identify their ideal career and make that career a reality. Framed within the apt and engaging...
Disabilities and Employment
Interviews and advice from blind and visually impaired professionals about education and breaking into the job market.
Features helpful information on employment laws and the rights they provide. It teaches readers when and how to disclose disabilities to a potential employer and lends additional guidance for success on the job.
Richard Bolles's creative approach to job-hunting is brought to bear on the specific challenges faced by job hunters with disabilities.
12 case studies of blind people and their occupations.
Here is guidance for blind job seekers.
General Career Advice
In Career Warfare, David F. D'Alessandro, the bestselling author of Brand Warfare, has written a business classic: an insightful and delightfully frank book about achieving professional success at...
1. Identify the best job search strategies for your personal goals, 2. Knowing exactly what to do and when to do it, 3. Staying motivated in the face of frustration & rejection
The author, a successful headhunter and job-hunting coach, shares insights and techniques that he learned from working with job hunters at all levels.
The key to moving up? Managing up! Whether you're seeking a surefire career-booster or simply looking to improve your relationship with your boss, this welcome guide gives you all the skills you need
6 success factors for everyone who works, 5 secrets to balance work and life, 5 steps to financial independence, and 4 keys for marketing yourself effectively
Packed with real-world advice from recruiters, career counselors, human resource professionals, and dozens of Monster members who have found rewarding employment through the world's leading...
Nice Girls Don't Get The Corner Office: 101 Unconscious Mistakes Women Make That Sabotage Their Careersby Frankel, Lois P.
Lois P Frankel, Ph.D., an internationally recognized executive coach who has worked with Fortune 500 companies, reveals why some women roar ahead in their careers while others stagnate. She's spotted
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.