- Table View
- List View
General Career Advice
"[This] is a comprehensive, well-written guide for anyone who needs to know how to present themselves effectively in today's marketplace." From back cover.
This book is about people-people like you who have to speak in front of critical listeners as part of their business lives. Since you can't avoid these situations if you want to advance your career,
Citrin and Smith found from their research and extensive experience is that people with extraordinary careers are guided by five straightforward patterns that can be harnessed and used by everyone.
How volunteering can lead to a more fulfilling life and a better career.
Interesting and useful new concepts in job searching and career development.
Ron Fry gives you a preview of the questions you're most likely to face during an interview and helps you prepare winning answers for each of them.
Fry shows you how to take charge of the interview process, and in so doing, present yourself as the self-managing, versatile, and confident individual most employers seek.
Packed with 201 proven questions, including examples of some of the smartest and dumbest interview questions from hundreds of recruiters, job coaches, hiring managers, and Fortune 500...
In today's job market, how you perform in an interview can make or break your hiring possibilities.
INTERVIEWING AND SALARY NEGOTIATION will help you: Meet with the right people...Beat the competition...and Negotiate the best salary-whether you're looking for $20,000 or $500,000.
The 250 Job Interview Questions You'll Most Likely Be Asked .and the Answers That Will Get You Hired!by Veruki, Peter
Containing sample answers and explanations for 250 of the most common and challenging interview questions, this book helps prepare job seekers for any situation.
This book is very useful for job seekers. This is a guide to career development, job search process, creating CVs and resumes, types of interviews and interview preparation.
The authors have sorted through the latest government job data and selected the 300 best jobs that don't require a four-year degree. Each of these jobs has high earnings, good growth potential,
The job descriptions and other information in this book are based on extensive research by the U.S. Department of Labor. The well-written text covers all major jobs held by about 90 percent of the...
Describes 190 major occupations that do not require a four-year degree. Knowing more about these jobs can help you plan your training and education, make a career choice or change, or find work...
Let CareerXroads lead you to the most detailed information on job and resume websites. Crispin & Mehler have again put together the most current, thorough and helpful resource available...
GETTING INTERVIEWS tells you how to find out whom you should be talking to, and how to get those people to agree to meet with you. You'll learn about informational meetings and networking interviews.
Copublished by America's foremost career books publisher and the Public Library Association, the acclaimed Guide to Internet Job Searching helps you harness the power of the Internet to aid in your job search.
Job hunting advice and strategies from the CEO of the leading staffing company. It's all about selling yourself.
explains how to scope out potential employers on the Internet, network online, create and send an electronic resume that really stands out, design your own self-promoting Web site, and get that...
All you need to plan a search and present yourself, tap personal networks, and close the best offer.
Occupation Specific Information
Professional business coach and psychotherapist in private practice discusses psychological and business strategies for developing a successful private practice. Includes information on dealing with managed care, as well as how to adapt to an ever-changing marketplace.
Each article in this book discusses a particular business manager occupation in detail. Many of the articles in Careers in Focus: Business Managers appear in Ferguson's Encyclopedia of Careers and...
Examines careers related to various kinds of therapy covering the basics of each job personal and professional requirements work environment salary statistics future outlook for the career and more.
Now in its seventh edition, Careers in International Affairs is the leading guide to job hunting and career development in the field of international affairs. Careers in International Affairs is
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.