- Table View
- List View
Occupation Specific Information
DISCOVER YOUR SALES STRENGTHS offers you a powerful new knowledge of who you are, what you're good at, and how you work best. And in today's world of sales, that is the most powerful tool of all.
The secret to building a successful business on your own.
A helpful guide for making a functional teaching portfolio.
practical advice on home childcare
A comprehensive and practical approach that builds a strong foundation for understanding paralegal interviewing and investigation skills.
Designed to prepare the office professional to fulfill a challenging role in today's workplace.
Effectiveness as an executive demands doing certain-and fairly simple-things. It consists of a small number of practices, the practices that are presented and discussed in this book.
The Home Office and Small Business Answer Book: Solutions to the Most Frequently Asked Questions about Starting and Running Home Offices and Small Businessesby Attard, Janet
Practical solutions to 900 questions most frequently asked by home office workers and small business owners. Very detailed useable information.
Resumé and Cover Letter Writing
Building a Great Resume: For Job Hunters, Career Changers, Consultants, and Freelancers (2nd edition)by Wendleton, Kate
BUILDING A GREAT RESUME starts with an overview of The Five O'clock approach to job search. You'll learn to develop the accomplishment statements that form the backbone of your resume. You'll learn...
Get the jump on the competition with the first book that tells you how to create a resume that takes advantage of today's technology. Say goodbye to ugly, plain text formats and welcome...
Readers will learn to make their resumes scannable and searchable through use of key words. They'll also find advice on using the World Wide Web and a variety of commercial online services to...
In this easy-to-follow handbook, two veteran job seekers offer straightforward and step-by-step advice that helps readers focus on their strengths and develop an eye-catching resume to get the job they want.
Contains all the information you need to be a winner in the job market
Students and Young Job-seekers
@ The Entry Level is designed to lead you through the psychologies, philosophies, and strategies for succeeding in business' basement, but with the single-minded purpose of finding the work you...
Every day you see adults all around you on their way to work. What do they do all day? More importantly, what job will you do someday? That's a big question. Your career choice will affect...
As college graduates soon find out, the real world is tough. Sure, it was hard getting into the right school. But landing a good job is a lot harder. The number of new college grads now outnumbers available entry-level jobs by at least 25 percent.
From crafting a resume to comparing offer letters, it's all here- straight from those (recent college graduates) who have landed their dream jobs.
A twenty-something's guide to developing skills that are crucial to staying sane and building a career.
Transition and Career Change
Career Comeback: 8 Steps to Getting Back on Your Feet When You're Fired, Laid Off, or Your Business Venture Has Failed - And Finding More Job Satisfaction Than Everby Richardson, Bradley G.
Bradley Richardson is one of America's top career experts. But he also knows firsthand the emotional, social, and financial stress that comes with losing a job. In Career Comeback, Richardson shares
Change Your Career: Transitioning to the Nonprofit Sector: Shifting Your Focus from the Bottom Line to a Better Worldby Otting, Laura Gassner
Here's the information you need to decide if the nonprofit sector is right for you and to make a smooth transition into a new professional environment.
Are you like most professionals, looking over your shoulder because you feel others are in control of your career? Customize Your Career is the breakthrough book that shows you how to shed self-limit
Offers guidance on writing professionally.
Part of Perseus' Momentum Series, this book attempts to help readers understand what career stage they're in - are they snapping, crackling, or ready to stop?-and offer corresponding advice.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.