Junior High and High School Student Information
Along with giving practical advice on test preparation, the author shares anecdotes from interviews with 160 students who received a perfect score on the SAT. Includes responses from family members, making this a book for both teens and parents.
HIGH SCHOOL BOUND is a fun-filled, entertaining yet practical guide for young people preparing to enter high school.
How to Be a High School Superstar: A Revolutionary Plan to Get into College by Standing Out (Without Burning Out)by Newport, Cal
What if getting into your reach schools didn't require four years of excessive A. P. -taking, overwhelming activity schedules, and constant stress?
An essay is a piece of writing original in composition, which usually bring out the observations and recollections of the writer. This book contains 60 common essays, which will help students with ideas to develop their own creative compositions.
This guide provides tips, tricks and secrets on how to get the best grades possible, and how to succeed on tests without becoming nervous.
A guidebook to the essential skills necessary for students to make the transition from high school to college.
The author applies his principles to teens and the tough issues and life-changing decisions they face.
This easy-to-use book features more than 1,000 essential words that arm you with the vocabulary you'll need to tackle real-world tasks-from debating current events to writing essays for your college applications.
Applying to College
For generations, the admissions process of the Ivy League schools has been cloaked in mystery and myth. Now, a former admissions officer at Dartmouth College reveals how the most selective schools make their decisions.
Fulfill your dream of going back to school- painlessly!
Colleges That Change Lives: 40 Schools You Should Know About Even If You're Not a Straight-A Studentby Pope, Loren
These 40 colleges outdo the Ivy League and research universities in developing potential, initiative and risk-taking in a wide range of students.
Hundreds of students share their hard-won wisdom, thoughts, strategies, struggles, and even failures.
This planning guide provides college-bound students and their parents with essential information on how the admissions process works; what the top colleges are looking for; choosing the right college; and presenting a student's qualifications.
A comprehensive guide to the powerful packaging tool called the "Hook"--a special talent or achievement that leaps off the page of a college application and catches the eye of admissions officers.
The Insider's Guide to College Admissions: Find Out What You Really Need to Know About Getting into Collegeby Hayden, Thomas C.
This is a guide to the admission process from a college admissions director. What really goes on in admissions committee meetings?
The New Rules for College Admissions: Ten Former Admissions Officers Reveal What It Takes to Get into College Todayby Kramer, Stephen and London, Michael
High school students not only need to excel, they also need to make their applications stand out from the crowd because competition today is tougher than ever.
Applying to college is the culmination of years of hard work-late-night study sessions, grueling SAT preparation, and hours of dedication to extracurricular activities. It's also a process that often overwhelms both students and parents.
Preparing for College
College Rules! reveals strategies that aren't taught in lectures, including how to: Study smarter--not harderPlan a manageable course scheduleMaster e-learning technologiesInteract effectively with profsBecome a research pro--at the library and onlineOrganize killer study groupsFeel engaged--even in "yawn" coursesSurvive the stresses of exam week...
College Success takes a fresh look at what it means, in today's world, with today's students, to be successful in college.
This book is different. It won't coerce, coddle, caution, or coax you. Instead, it will give you the tools you need to coach yourself. Ultimately, this book is about you, your college career, and your career beyond college. It's about the future you will create for yourself.
8th Edition: Our ultimate goal in this book is to provide you with tools, skills, and systems that will lead to self-sufficiency.
Examines college life: Legends, Festivals, Slang, mnemonics, late faculty, photocopier art, mooning, streaking, pranks, drinking games and songs, fight songs, ghost stories, competitive college humor (Aggie jokes), Greeks (pledging, hell week, initiation), dating, and engagement.
This innovative text simplifies the process of choosing a major from a sometimes overwhelming array of majors and related career fields. It will assist not only the "undecided" student with...
This book is a service project of the New Jersey Association for College Admission Counseling. Its chapters draw on the collective knowledge, experience and expertise of admission and guidance professionals who have helped thousands of high school students make a successful transition to college.
The Community College Experience: PLUS Edition is the only book on the market truly written for community college students.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.