- Table View
- List View
Harper's got a job at The Emville Express. But could he be prepared for what is coming? Things change when the election campaign starts and his drunk sister gets an accident. He's the one to cover these stories.
The story of one young man's experience during the Civil War. This version is adapted for easier reading. There is a study guide at the end.
Adapted from the classic by Stephen Feinstein. This 88-page book includes described drawings and an 8-page study guide at the end.
Safira doesn't believe in ghosts, but the girl in her cabin at camp was not a living person, so what was she? Her friend Trinity is convinced Safira's seen a ghost and sets out to discover who the ghost girl is.
In Book Four of the Warlocks of Talverdin series, half human warlock Nethin is abducted and forced to use his formidable powers to open the shadow road, an action that may have terrible consequences beyond anyone's imagining.
On a visit to Ireland, twin sisters are lured into the "Otherworld," where a dangerous enchantment threatens to separate them.
Confronting a prowler in the backyard, Dinah is determined to find out why someone has taken an interest in her older sister and herself. Who is the buck-tooth burglar? Why are the Rinaldi's tomatoes always involved?
After a hang glider crashes into the pool of the house where Dinah and Madge are house-sitting, the hapless pilot creates more than a splash of suspicion in Dinah's mind. Why does this itchy intruder make off with Dinah's inflatable turtle?
An adapted version of Dumas' The Three Musketeers with many illustrations, which are described. Original copy printing errors are left intact.
Liberty wants her way - at any cost. (RL4.2)
Harper is sentenced to 40 hours of community service and a 2000-word essay. His mother registers him in a local writing club: "The Tuesday Cafe." Thrust into this educationally challenged group, Harper gets rid of his unfriendly pretense.
Luaine is daughter to the greatest of Irish warriors, the legendary Cuchulainn. Although known throughout Ireland as the most fearsome of killers, to Luaine he is a loving playful father who amuses her with his exciting tales and marvelous feats.
Ben flees Nazi Germany only to find himself in a battle for his life and his soul.
The White Horse Talisman is the first volume of The Summer of Magic Quartet, four books involving a Canadian brother and sister visiting their two English cousins.
Jennie loves training at Richmond Skate, her Calgary figure skating club, but her Olympic dreams always seem impossibly far away.
Nick and Kia get excited when their school gym teacher announces a "three-on-three" basketball tournament. The two most dedicated players in grade three, they know they'll be tough to beat.
Hockey stars Mike "Crazy" Keats and his new friend, Dakota, are caught in a web of violence which makes winning a championship the least of their concerns. Dakota Smith is in trouble. But Mike "Crazy" Keats doesn't care.
Jeremy's band, Thunderbowl, is hot, and they have had their first big break -- a long-term gig at a local bar.
Ray Hockaday plays center for the Medicine Hat Tigers in the Western Hockey League. He's spent his hockey career hiding something from the world. When his new Russian room-mate shows up, Ray is assigned to help Vlad get used to life in Canada.
Jack's dad is tough on him, but he has learned to live with it. For the most part, he has it pretty good.
Sam is made first goalie on the Kanata Kings, but he feels insecure about his place on the team.
Thirteen-year-old Declan lives only for revenge. His mother, father and sister were all killed on the streets of Belfast, and Declan will stop at nothing to settle the score.
When Ambrose is forced to sell his horse because of an injury, he must find a new animal that can handle the rigors of the mountains while packing for his uncle's trail-riding outfit.
Jane Evans is excited to start a new soccer season with her Calgary team, the Hurricanes, especially when her friend Ashley announcing she's joining the team too.
In this second volume of the Warlocks of Talverdin series, Maurey, the Nightwalker prince, helps young Princess Eleanor combat a plot by her enemies to take over the kingdom.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.