Beat Not the Bonesby Jay, Charlotte
A friend asks Philip Marlowe for help, making the detective an accessory in his wife's murder. When Marlowe receives word of the friend's death in Mexico, he looks into the murder and the family secrets surrounding it.
A psychological thriller... What starts with a crank call from an old school chum sets the lonely, aloof, financially comfortable Miss Helen Clarvoe on a path as predictable only as madness. Lured from her rooms in a second-rate residential Hollywood hotel, she finds herself stranded in the more perilous terrain of extortion, pornography, vengeance, and ultimately murder.
A Dram of Poisonby Armstrong, Charlotte
Room to Swingby Lacy, Ed
The Eighth Circleby Ellin, Stanley
The Hours Before Dawnby Fremlin, Celia
The Progress of a Crimeby Symons, Julian
George Gideon, Commander of the C.I.D., is met at the office one morning with the news of a sex maniac, a mass murderer and a fire in an old tenement building out at Lambeth.
A millionaire is murdered and Inspector Felse, after sifting through the few shreds of evidence, finally arrests Kitty Norris, his teenaged son Dominic's first love.
The Light of Day was the basis for Jules Dassin's classic film, Topkapi.When Arthur Abdel Simpson first spots Harper in the Athens airport, he recognizes him as a tourist unfamiliar with city and in need of a private driver.
The central figure, Leamas, is on a mission to trap the top spy of East Berlin, set during the Cold War.
You are a secret agent working for the British in Berlin today. You are due to go home on leave, but you are being followed (by your own people or by an enemy - and which enemy?)
Edgar award-winning novel featuring Inspector Van der Valk. A handsome middle-aged millionaire has disappeared with a naked girl and it's up to Inspector Van der Valk to find them.
As Fred Fitch careers across the New York City landscape - and sometimes skyline - in his meetings with cops, con men, beautiful girls, and (maybe) murderers, he takes on some of the loonier aspects of a Dante without a Virgil.
Intensely timely, this classic spellbinding thriller of medical scandal and murder combines breathtaking suspense with a penetrating examination of America's medical establishment.
Winner of the Edgar Allan Poe Mystery Prize for best crime story of 1969, this is another classic Dick Francis mystery set at the racetrack.
Eight bus riders are killed and a ninth critically injured in an apparently motiveless crime. But the killer has managed to target one of Beck's best detectives -- and he, surely, would not have been riding that lethal bus without a reason.
The Lingala Codeby Kiefer, Warren
The IRA attempts to steal treasures from the Vatican but their plans go horribly wrong.
Forced into retirement by the CIA, Miles Kendig tried everything to satisfy his hunger for excitement. Finally he threatens to expose the espionage secrets of the major powers, setting himself up as the quarry of an international manhunt.
I had been urban-renewed right out of my office and had to move. The previous tenant had been a fortune teller.
Catch Me: Kill Meby Hallahan, William H.
One enemy spy knows the secret to the Allies' greatest deception, a brilliant aristocrat and ruthless assassin -- code name: "The Needle" -- who holds the key to ultimate Nazi victory.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.