Young Children Book
Left on their own in seventeenth-century London, three impoverished children draw upon all their resources to stay together and make their way to the Virginia colony in search of their father.
The story of how Meg, Charles and Calvin travel through the universe to battle the powers of darkness. The Newbery Award winning classic.
Anne, an 11-year-old orphan, is sent by mistake to live with a lonely, middle-aged brother and sister on a Prince Edward Island farm.
Funny, wise family tale for kids 8 and up parents can enjoy. Dr. from Skidrow College, collects unusual toothpicks, when his arms get tired he puts them down, has a crazy system for becoming perfect.
Ten-year-old India Opal Buloni describes her first summer in the town of Naomi, Florida, and all the good things that happen to her because of her big ugly dog Winn-Dixie. Newbery Honor Book.
Simple seeds of friendship grow into something extraordinary After World War II there is little left in Katje's town of Olst in Holland.
It is 1849 and Jack Flagg stows away on a ship headed for the California gold fields where he plans to recoup his Auntie Arabella's fortune
E.B. White's classic story of the friendship between Wilbur the pig and Charlotte the spider.
While sorting through difficulties with her friend Margaret, 8 year old Clementine gains several unique hairstyles, and helps her father banish pigeons from the front of their apartment building.
In this novel based on the story of Cinderella, Ella struggles against the childhood curse that forces her to obey any order given to her. At birth, Ella of Frell was given the gift of obedience by a fairy.
When a young girl and her privileged family in Mexico is forced to move to the United States, they learn to depend on and love each other more.
Andrew would do anything to get himself covered in freckles--even buy a questionable freckle juice recipe from Sharon!
The arrival of a gregarious and loquacious gray African parrot pleasantly ruffles the placid routine of the Holdsworth family. Madison, or Mad as his new owner, Harry, calls him, quickly becomes a chatty, checker-playing companion for the young boy.
After a plane crash, thirteen-year-old Brian spends fifty-four days in the Canadian wilderness, learning to survive initially with only the aid of a hatchet given him by his mother, and learning also to survive his parents' divorce.
Pie Pennelli loves hockey, but his skates are too big and one of his teammates gives him a hard time. When the neighbor kids find an antique hockey game, they swear the game is magic and can predict every play Pie's team will make. Is it magic?
When James drops magic crystals by the peach tree, the lone peach starts growing, and before long, it's as big as a house, with a secret entranceway.
A year in the life of two young girls growing up on the Wisconsin frontier, as they help their mother with the daily chores, enjoy their father's stories and singing, and share special occasions when they get together with relatives or neighbors.
Ruby Lavender used to have a good life. She and her grandmother, Miss Eula, were inseparable--they even drove the getaway car together for chickens rescued from the slaughterhouse!
One night during the summer of 1864, Addy Walker overhears her parents talk about an exciting yet terrifying idea- escaping slavery.
Relates how the unexpected delivery of a large crate containing a live penguin changes the life of Mr. Popper, a house painter obsessed by dreams of the polar region.
Maggie, a feisty third-grader, refuses to learn how to read or write cursive writing.
The story of a small boy's trip to rescue an overworked dragon from a jungle island bristling with wild beasts.
A young girl's story about life on a farm with her brother, mother and grandparents.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.