- Table View
- List View
Articles on blindness from the 1930s.
Examines the history of caregiving over a 90-year period, and the changing relations between home caregivers and professionals
A unique work that brings together a broad range of specialist disciplines to create a new perspective on social and physical exclusion from society. Brings a much needed comparative approach to the subject of disability.
What would make anti-bullying initiatives more successful? This book offers a new approach to the problem of school bullying.
The author describes his interest in working with deaf individuals and medical science to develop the Bionic ear.
Profiles four families in which one or both parents have disabilities; for middle-grade readers.
Based on interviews with almost a hundred activists, this book provides a detailed history of the struggle for disability rights in the United States.
A collection of essays by social historians exploring the role of disability in U.S. history.
The personal story of a boy born with profound hearing loss is accompanied by information about topics related to deafness. Includes bibliographical references and index.
A practical guide for parents of children with hearing loss.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.