- Table View
- List View
A brief biography of the woman who overcame her handicaps of being both blind and deaf.
With the help of a hearing-impaired man, a little dog finally manages to graduate from a training school for hearing dogs
Discusses the careers for which dogs have been trained and their work as hunters, shepherds, guides for the blind, lifeguards, detectives, friends and companions, etc.
Julie wants to become class president change the detention system after experiencing it first hand. But will her new friend and running mate, who is deaf, help or hurt her chances?
Paul relates stories of his signal dog Chelsea, and gives insights into deaf culture.
The story of Laura Bridgman, the first deaf and blind child to be taught to communicate with the outside world, some fifty years before Helen Keller.
As she becomes friends with Rachel, a deaf girl who has joined her sixth-grade class, Alex begins to feel that God has given her a mission to protect Rachel from the boy who is tormenting her.
Jackie Robinson is the new first baseman for the Brooklyn Dodgers--and the first black player in Major League Baseball. A young boy shares the excitement of Robinson's rookie season with his deaf father.
Mandy thinks a dog could be trained by a deaf boy at school.
Chelsea can't figure out what is wrong with Pete, the new puppy. As the book goes on she learns Pete is special despite his disabilities
In this book, you will find out all about Helen Keller, before she made history.
Discusses the history, training, uses, and breeds of dogs who work with the deaf
Tells the inspirational tale of this spirited crusader. In this groundbreaking new series, DK brings together fresh voices and DK design values to give readers the most information-packed, visually exciting biographies on the market today.
Biography of the young deaf-blind girl who became a famous writer. Guided by Time Magazine's list of 100 most influential people, this series biographies focuses on the leaders, scientists, and icons who shaped our world. Each biography includes a glossary, timeline, and illustrations.
The life of Helen Keller told in this biography also contains brief historical highlights that help illuminate certain concepts discussed in the book.
This is the true story of Annie Sullivan's and Helen Keller's courage and determination to succeed. grades 5-8
Recounting her mischievous nature, her little known romance, and her trials with her teacher and the public, this biography sheds new light on this extraordinary woman.
A biography detailing Helen Keller's adventurous life as she worked tirelessly to lead the way for handicapped people.
Helen Keller was deaf and blind, but went on to learn and teach and advocate.
When a childhood illness leaves her blind and deaf, Helen Keller's life seems hopeless indeed. But her indomitable will and the help of a devoted teacher empower Helen to triumph over incredible adversity.
A young girl describes how her deaf sister experiences everyday things.
Jessi has the lead role in a ballet, and the lead role in helping a new family feel welcome in Stoneybrook, by learning a secret language for a very special child.
In the Himalaya Mountains of Nepal, a deaf Sherpa boy proves himself to his family by rescuing the family's yaks.
A deaf fourth-grader finds her true calling when she is cast as Dorothy in a school production of The Wizard of Oz.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.