- Table View
- List View
On a lonely highway in Kansas, eight young deaf girls and their teachers are taken hostage by three escaped killers. Pitted against them is the FBI's chief negotiator, a veteran of hundreds of such encounters. But somehow, he feels,this one may be different...
A wife for him-and a mother for his son?Zeke Rossetti likes things to run smoothly. He's the single father of a deaf child, and his job managing offshore oil sites in the Texas Gulf doesn't allow for distractions.
Macavity Award-winning author Penny Warner knows there's no rest for the dead....Life is never dull in the California Gold Country town of Flat Skunk.
Sam Robertson's life just changed. In one short day, he found out that he's a daddy; that his beautiful little girl, Becky, is deaf; and that her aunt, sign language teacher Kayla Ward, intends to fight him for custody.
Tragedy strikes Palmetto Deaf School--twice. With one student murdered and another missing, it's up to homicide detective Catelyn Clark to find the killer--and probable kidnapper-- fast .
When Marianna Santino's roommate is killed, Detective Ethan O'Hara can't fathom the motive. Then he realizes the deaf teacher was the intended target. Marianna must have something the murderer desperately wants. But what?
"I am Sonya Vronsky, professor of mathematics at Tel Aviv University, and this is the story of a day in late August. On this remarkable day I kissed a student, pursued a lover, found my father, and left my brother.
A delightful and insightful collection of poems built around a theme of sign language and deaf/deaf-blind, among other subjects. Winner of the Grayson Books Poetry Competition for 2006.
Buford the Bullfrog is dead. Connor Westphal, the feisty deaf publisher of the weekly Eureka!, jumps into the annual festivities when her sidekick and main squeeze, PI Dan Smith, is retained to find the murderer. Connor and Dan think it'll be a snap, until the sheriff's son comes under suspicion and a human body surfaces in the creek, along with more dead frogs. Connor, with the aid of a new blind friend, sets about finding out who is killing the frogs and people of Calaveras County.
This immensely moving novel confronts divisions of race, gender, and class, fusing together the stories of people who come to recognize one another from former lives they didn't know existed -- or that they tried to forget.
Contains Counting Crows by Mercedes Lackey, Drusilla's Dream by Rachel Lee and Moonglow by Catherine Asaro.
1st in mystery series. Bo Bradley, child abuse investigator with manic-depression rescues deaf child. Light, fast read, but excellent depiction of what's now called bi-polar disorder.
At Christmas, our hearts are touched by reports of wondrous occurrences that make us stop, reflect, and hope.
Crossed Wires, a highly original mystery novel, introduces readers to an unusual heroine, who is being stalked by a particularly chilling serial killer.
Thirty-seven year old journalist, Connor Westphal, has relocated from San Francisco to Flat Skunk, a mining-turned-tourist town in the foothills of the Sierras, to start up her own weekly paper.
Novel about a deaf woman and her husband, a hearing man, who serves as a medic in World War I.
"You know, father, sorrow can turn to water and spill from your eyes, or it can sharpen your tongue into a sword, or it can become a time bomb that, one day, will explode and destroy you." Earth and Ashes is the spare, powerful story of an Afghan man.
In book two of the Sensations series, Cassie Dixon's getaway to the mountains with her friends and their thirteen-year-old deaf son becomes a high-stakes search when the boy disappears. Danger stalks the slopes.
Tutor of a deaf child falls in love with her father, a soap opera star.
SOME SECRETS SURVIVE THE LIGHT OF DAY. OTHERS SHOULD STAY LOST IN DARKNESS FOREVER. THE FAMILY SAGA THAT BEGAN WITH APRIL SHADOWS CONTINUES! April Taylor wasn't a little girl anymore -- but who was she really?
Ed McBain concocts a brilliant and intricate thriller about a master criminal who haunts the city with cryptic passages from Shakespeare, directing the detectives of the 87th Precinct to a future crime -- if only they can figure out what he means.
Single mother Laura McKay must rely on firefighter Ryan Flanagan when an arsonist threatens her and her deaf daughter. Can Laura renew her faith in God and learn to place her trust in this heroic man? Original.
In a small Maine valley, thirteen-year-old Pierce Morin, born blind and deaf, possesses a terrifying gift: he can hear evil whispering-and knows an elusive, deadly force is stalking the people he loves. . . .
The highly acclaimed novel of a family living with deafness in the pre-electronic age. Janice and Abel are a deaf couple, and true to the time, their hearing daughter becomes their interpreter in the hearing world.
A fast-paced literary and psychological drama in which the trials and tribulations of a group of stuffed animals illuminate the moral and philosophical dilemmas we all share While finishing what was to be his greatest symphony, famed composer
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.